Author Topic: Logging on problem  (Read 1893 times)

gibbo

Logging on problem
« on: October 11, 2016, 09:08:23 am »
Anyone had any problems logging on to the forum lately?
No, I'm not talking about the 'Forbidden' messages we were getting a couple of weeks back but I seem to be getting the standard 'Page can't be displayed' screen. It seems to take me many times to bring the site up to view. I'm not having any problems on other sites so is there some sort of glitch on the forum or could it be something my end.
Any advice would be helpful.
Jon

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Logging on problem
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 09:31:27 am »
No problems here. However I did have a similar problem with another site.
Turn off your Router wait 30 seconds and turn it back on again.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:54:18 pm »
Hi Jon. I have a VERY large hammer that will just fit in my top box( ;D ) so I'll ride on over and administer the standard fix for such problems if Rae's router off-on method has no effect  8)

Seriously, no such problems here on either iPad, iPhone or Mac.

I have been having multiple instances of error messages appearing when I try to 'Preview' a 'Reply' to a post or even a 'New Topic' to the effect that I have left the text entry box empty, even when it patently isn't! It won't let me 'Preview' but it will let me 'Spell Check' and 'Post' without problem!

I think something changed in the re-load of the software during the big outage of a couple of weeks ago.

If this continues can you take a screen shot of the error message and send it to me via pm. Haven't got a clue what to do with it but I'm trying to sound helpful  8)

Brian

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 05:07:52 pm »
No issues in any device used.
Embrace the wind.

gibbo

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:31:56 am »
Thanks for the advice chaps. Took me three times this morning to get it on screen. I'll try refreshing the link and give it another go tomorrow.
Will send you a piccie of it Brian, but as you say, it may be in vain.  :o