Author Topic: To ACF50 or not?  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic slip on can. MRA screen. Standard BMW sport panniers, SW Motech rear rack, Krauser k5 top box, 55 profile rear tyre, Carbon Fibre rear hugger, Power commander 5
To ACF50 or not?
« on: April 13, 2020, 12:38:47 pm »
I’ve never used anything like this before, but I’m thinking about doing the metalwork and engine with it.

So, has anyone used it? Done what I’m planning to do? Any tips? do’s and dont’s?
k1200s. 08 plate. Located in Devon.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: To ACF50 or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 01:35:26 pm »
This is the time of year when most people would be washing off the AC50 before re-applying it when winter comes along.
Don't get it on the brakes, the subject has been covered several time before.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 01:38:28 pm by raesewell »

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 01:49:05 pm »
Lots of us use it. Lots have done it themselves. I have used the services of 'whoeveritwas' when I
lived darn sarf and they ran mass gatherings at Loomies cafe in West Meon and more recently did it with a spray gun.

Cover the tyres and brakes. Don't do it on a windy day (so today is out).

Just do a search...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 01:52:27 pm by Phmode »

Offline Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 09:25:22 pm »
I have only used it for the last eight months or so, however, it does seem ok.
My limited experieance;
It won't stop the rot if there, but after the bike has been stripped, cleaned, and put back with all the love it deserves, it will hinder it.
A damm good clean, then leave a good film of it on, that's a big point of any protection, and ignore those around you that "polish it off!". A gentle wash months later, and  8)
Unless laying the bike up, putting it on anything that will get hot is probably a waste.
If you want to spray it, make sure you don't put any where your hands, feet, rear end etc. contact! Ride around with your brakes on for a few miles... I've known "professional" drivers put cockpitshine on their aiming wheels...
Not as messy as taking vasaline off brass, but you'll appreciate the saving none the less. ;D
I like my 1200.
"Of course we know don't we Brian that they downrated the K1200S and brought it out as the K1300S. ;)" TomL