Author Topic: First one from Italy?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline vm5

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Modified and revalved wp esa shocks
First one from Italy?
« on: June 26, 2017, 08:59:19 am »
Hi I'm Marco from Italy and I'm here because I bought  a K1300s '10 (with only3700 km)  after a few years (17) of R1100s.
I' m checking the performances of the bike and I can say, after a copule of weeks, that is a very good bike.
The only bad aspect is the suspension tuning.
I've the EsaII and, in my opinion, the suspensions are fuzzy. Too weak on the front and too stiff on the back (that arrives to move the front when it comes to a bump).
My english is not good but I hope to be able to add new comments; I already opened the rear shock and I'll do a post with some pictures of the revalving (it's a crazy work due to the electrical connections  :)).
Bye.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
Re: First one from Italy?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:18:30 am »
Hi Marco - welcome to the madhouse of the K club.

Loads and loads of experience on here to help when needed- just as well for newbies like me!

Enjoy!
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Mike W

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR1300AE (2017)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:23:31 am »
Hello Marco and welcome to the forum from the Sunny Suffolk coast :)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »
Hi Marco welcome to the forum and I think that your English is great.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Expo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:16 pm »
Hello Marco and welcome. Your English is very good. I've just checked the members map and it looks like you are our only Italian member so far.
Enjoy the bike.
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline vm5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 08:07:13 am »
Thank You guys, I'm going to understand the bike.....with the first TC intrusion...this bike is a "little" powerful  :o.
It (or she ?)  seems to be more a japan than a german bike and, in my opinion, it's a little negative particular ( a little impersonal). I'm looking forward to find (in addition to the shocks) some flaws  :).

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:34:19 am »
Salve Marco benvenuto a bordo ,
Prima di tutto devi controllare il famosi ball joints per essere sicuro che tutto andra benne con la moto.
Sul sessione technico esiste uno thread in cui Brian spiega molto benne comme puo fare un controllo completo del funzionamento del ESA da solo.   
Dove la porti per controlo e servicio? , se tu sei dall nord e molto piu facile commenti ricordo anche'io.

Embrace the wind.

Offline vm5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 11:33:59 am »
Hi Costas and thank You for the italian :).
The Esa was checked and works fine but the range of the rear shock is too stiff for me.
With my brother, as hobby, we already revalve some cross suspension and after the firt trip with the K I decided to take apart the shock trying to open it.
Now it is more confortable and I also decided  to remove a 2 mm shim from the spring preload because the static sag was 0 mm and then now  the bike acquired  a little (with one helmet position) more weight transfer that makes me feel it better on cornering. The next step should be the front shosk thta doesn't have a good hydraulic control and is sometimes pushed from the reaction of the rear suspension..
Unfortunately the rear shock is assembled in a way thta makes it very difficult to dismatle but, wit a little fear, we was able to do it.

The home made charging station has an english part: the vacuum gauge :).

I'm sorry for the picture's size...

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:37:48 am by vm5 »

gibbo

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 07:36:11 am »
Hello Marco and welcome to the club. I'm very impressed in how you are going about getting the suspension to how you want it, and all the gear you have available to sort it. Keep the photos coming as we're all interested in the outcome.  ;)

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:54 am »
Excellent technical skills demonstrated. Still the adjustment of ESA is now a bit disputable.
Making bike 2,5 cm higher or lower could offer similar results with only a new dog bone plate. 
Still am almost certain that your way achieves better handling of bike in corners especially with a much smaller apex am afraid that you're leading your self to a more race bike creation and the heavy beast is not one.
When deal with the front post some more interesting pictures as the front needs relief valve installation a procedure we are very anxious to see.
Grazie per le foto sei grande, ma anche tuo fratello che ti supporta.
Embrace the wind.

Offline vm5

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 01:50:39 pm »
Thank You guys; i'I'm only looking for a more touristic handling of the bike ,or better, a more balanced tuning rather than the original.
The front wp shock of k1300 has to be an Emulsion gas shock, without a separator  piston between gas and oil. I think more for a problem of cost than of space. We're looking forward to understand if is possible to add a separator together with the valve for the gas charge.
About the relief valve w're already applied them to the K1200lt Showa shocks with more than 60K km that needed an inspection.
We drill a hole in the upper part and is possible to apply a welded or srewed Shrader valve or a screwed rubber valve (that is better) to use with a needle.
I hope I'was able to explain the issues :).

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 03:16:09 pm »
Great job and explanation.
Embrace the wind.

Offline drifter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 05:15:26 pm »
Ciao Marco, di dove sei?
Io di Torino ma residente nel Galles del Nord.
Your English is very good indeed, keep practising it and you will be fine.
Do you ever come up to UK?
Ciao
Gino

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 12:48:57 pm »
Maro, I wish I could speak any foreign language as good as your English.

Welcome to great bunch of enthusiasts
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.