Author Topic: Cleaning the bike after winter.  (Read 4835 times)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Cleaning the bike after winter.
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:44:44 pm »
I thought that I would post something under the Bike Cleaning heading just to get the ball rolling.

Vax were doing a very good deal last year so despite my better judgement, I thought that I would treat myself to a pressure washer. I'm even thinking of getting a foam lance when I can find one that fits the Vax.

My wife didn't like me cleaning the bike the old way and now I won't have to take the bike apart to clean off the ACF50 using the old method.

Should save a bit of time I think.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Cleaning the bike after winter.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:21:25 am »
I bet your wife is over the moon at you using the dishwasher to clean your bike Tom  :-\

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:34:06 am »
She is always moaning. She even complained about me parking my old bike in the lounge. I even went to the trouble of putting something under the stand so that it didn't scratch the floor.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:51:40 am »
I was about to post something like bike cleaning of the rad after all that salt and crude that is being accumulated on the roads. then your post came up and was amazed for one more time how similar we K riders act and sometimes thing, still remember that Brian had prepared the exact same logo sticker with the one I made in Greece and we not even had talk about doing something like that.
Yes I do too use the dish washer (my wife s tops talking to me for about a week each time), and yes I do too have an exactly same color F800ST parked now in the living room of the basement apartment, need to say more.........
Embrace the wind.

Offline Lolo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:32:10 pm »
I bet your wife is over the moon at you using the dishwasher to clean your bike Tom  :-\

I thought thats what dishwashers was for? ;D no wonder mine doesn't work anymore  ::)

If I could fit my pots through the front door my Georgegs would be in the office much more interesting to look at than the rubbish on TV (and more room in the garage for more toys!!!)  8) :P

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 09:24:26 pm »
Just knock a couple of bricks out on each side Lolo!

Brian (in fact, just take a gentle run at it and Bob's your uncle  8) )

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:33 am »
Just knock a couple of bricks out on each side Lolo!

Brian (in fact, just take a gentle run at it and Bob's your uncle  8) )

And just were did that expression come from?

Bob(who is not your uncle)
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 04:33:34 pm »
Looked at this thread and thought blimey that dodgy ground!!! ;)

If we have done a long euro trip and the weather has been shitty then I might use a bucket and sponge but very rarely always been a wet cloth and do it the hardway as for clothes?? well here's my pride and joy  ::) as I'm just in the middle of a spring wash!!! having used up a lot during the winter but if anyone wants to talk twin tubs  :D I'm your man :P,the last one went belly up and trying to buy a decent one at the right money is like trying to buy a carbon Akra for 150 quid  ;D