Author Topic: End of my K era  (Read 1430 times)

Offline lanerider

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300r
  • Modifications and add-ons:: All sorts added on and still adding on and on cant see me stopping
End of my K era
« on: March 05, 2018, 11:23:51 am »
Ive had a good 2 years on my k1300r enjoyed many frightening miles at warp speed but its come to a end ive bought a new triumph tiger 800 xcx which will allow me to enjoy a little off road as well as on road my k has not let me down once and has been ultra reliable I put it down to dealer servicing and advice from forum members so thank you to all and ill still flash a k as I see you on the road ... ps I got £5k in px for my 2010 with 25k miles im happy with that  8)
lanerider

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
Re: End of my K era
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 02:37:01 pm »
Good luck with your Tiger, I’m sure you will have a blast with that. I test rode the XRX recently, immediately after riding the 1200 Explorer and I enjoyed the 800 more. Cracking bike!
I hope you’ll keep us posted and give us your insights on the Tiger.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:50:38 pm by Dusty »

Offline Ian Jay

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K 1200 R
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:38:31 pm »
I was looking for Triumph, for it was my first choice, but they are not so common here. However, I now have a BMW and will see how that goes.  I am not overly delighted with the clunky gearbox, but will try to master it over time.  If not, then will look for a Triumph. A Norton would be nice, but I cannot justify the expense!!
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there are vitamins, in water - bacteria!

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:22:59 pm »
Ive had a good 2 years on my k1300r enjoyed many frightening miles at warp speed but its come to a end ive bought a new triumph tiger 800 xcx which will allow me to enjoy a little off road as well as on road my k has not let me down once and has been ultra reliable I put it down to dealer servicing and advice from forum members so thank you to all and ill still flash a k as I see you on the road ... ps I got £5k in px for my 2010 with 25k miles im happy with that  8)

One of my bikes is an F800GS, which is the bike that I use the most. It's not the fastest but it's fast enough and flickable so gets dragged into service the most :)
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D