Author Topic: K1300S  (Read 48400 times)

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1300S
« Reply #360 on: September 05, 2023, 05:21:43 pm »
Like with motorcycles, maintenance is key. Inside a dry envelope RAAC offered a cheaper lightweight option to design and build contractors who signed up for all the government PFI design finance build operate, and building projects back in the 90s. They only needd to make it last for the 25 year contract length then they were offski. Often they sold their contracts to operating companies even earlier. So nobody spent any money on maintenance. Add in the bonfire of local government planning and building control resources in local government around the same time (because we had quality assurance so everything was self certified   ???) that did bugger all for quality control and regulatory enforcement.
So we have not particularly well built buildings that have had little or no maintenance handed over to an education system controlled by people who know little or nothing about buildings and with even less interest in them because there's no votes in maintenance and it's not sexy on your political cv.  Another10 to  15 years pass by, the water gets in , rusts the rebar and politicians are surprised  when building start falling down. To be fair to the head teachers and hospital trusts, they've been on the case for years but the government wasn't listening. Politicians do not make any news out of preventing something, but wait until there's a crisis and try to look clever during its solution without taking responsibility for anything. Cynical? Moi? Anyway what was that about K1300s again?

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #361 on: September 05, 2023, 11:40:59 pm »
Excellent answers thanks!

Back to the K1300S - not the RAAC of the BMW world.
Although some of the stuff I see on my radiator could be a worthy substitute.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #362 on: September 19, 2023, 12:47:56 pm »
So 29000 passed in a blur on the a30 as I approached the roadworks for the new section of dual carriageway that will bypass Truro so no picture. Nearly 9k miles so far this year. Bike is flying after the last minor service. Fuel prices are definitely rising again, having overshot Cullompton services i was forced into Exeter services who charged £1.98 a litre for 97 octane E5.
I discovered at the weekend that my freshly Techwash'ed Enduroguard suit had ceased to be waterproof. So after fixing the washing machine this morning it's having a rinse in reproofing and we'll see if it rejuvenates.  My enduroguard gloves are also suspect but not sure. Bit disappointing. 
Tuesday is obviously the new Monday. As well as the washing machine, the TT died, new alternator required. All my shed timber turned up as the wind speed increased to the point the hiab lorry driver nearly didn't unload it. Oh and it also starting raining hard. Having got up for a 7am delivery they arrived at 830.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2023, 12:40:30 pm »
At that price, one can see the attraction of bilking...

As to deliveries, Evri sent a text at 8:19 saying they would deliver today between 15:30 and 17:30.  :thumbsup:
The next text at 9:03 said they failed to deliver because the business was closed.  :adolf:

Offline andym2

• View Profile
  • Location:: Stratford on Avon (District, the town is 'Upon' )
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2023, 01:19:56 pm »
Techwash is heat activated, so you need to tumble dry or iron at a push. I didn't know that (didn't read the instructions) the first time I used it, but it was pointed out to me when I complained. Maybe some chemist will be along to explain why, but it does indeed make a difference.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2023, 06:37:24 am »
Hmm better go and read the instructions again, but none of my rohan or enduroguard stuff can be tumble dried.

Oh  and yesterday the boiler timer clock and the BT TV box both failed. Normally these things come in three's so obviously going for it just now. And I have to get a new runner for the veg/salad box in the fridge as that broke at the weekend.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2023, 07:31:47 pm »
So I washed it in the techwash reproofing and it has recovered some of its original cardboard like stiffness. Have not yet tried it out due to Storm Agnes and working for granny's taxi (615am alarm to get up and take grandson to school 5 days a week) and otherwise employed on Bodgit and Creepaway at Project Shed

« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 06:33:31 pm by fjtwelve »