Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 131870 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
K1200S
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »
This is what it looked like when I got it, out for a bimble on the B3306

Then I did the Akrapovic thing

They have given me the following fatsos while its been in for servicing but I have not been atall tempted

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:55:36 pm by fjtwelve »

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:13:59 pm »
Hopefully this is a more acceptable location for bikelife events with my K12. Promise to copy tech posts and similar to other boards if requested.... :-[

Managed to christen the lefthand footpeg today. No idea why, a corner on the A39 I have been around a few times in the last few months, suddenly it was there scraping away. Wasn't even trying to go quick or posing. Not off the edge of the tyre either, so maybe these angel gts are a different shape.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 07:43:10 pm »
Good man, it makes sense to have good content where people can find it.
I have a post in the Tech section about photo hosting as the photos are not showing, Photobucket have wreaked havoc with internet forums  >:(

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:26:18 pm »
This one crept up on me yesterday while I was busy in traffic and I only noticed in the evening.
I am not a number...well 3 will do it as that's what I missed by - 64003

Bike was flying last night, fastest I've ever been and without any apparent effort. Remarkable

So what happens on a wet day in Somerset? The boys can't use their big toys

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 01:45:02 pm »
I think that's the end of the bmw oversuit. Wet midriff again and leaking over the shoulders and down the back. Faced with 2 days and maybe 600 miles in the rain  coming up, went to bridgwater (riders) and bought an alpine stars one piece as it was all they had. Also the ixs gloves I bought earlier this year have been sponges for a couple off months, only surviving due to relatively dry weather, so I bought a pair of merlin gloves. Will report back

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 06:51:03 pm »
I will be interested to see what you think of Merlin as a brand.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 09:36:18 pm »
I think that's the end of the bmw oversuit. Wet midriff again and leaking over the shoulders and down the back. Faced with 2 days and maybe 600 miles in the rain  coming up, went to bridgwater (riders) and bought an alpine stars one piece as it was all they had. Also the ixs gloves I bought earlier this year have been sponges for a couple off months, only surviving due to relatively dry weather, so I bought a pair of merlin gloves. Will report back

Excellent. A long term test of kit. In 6 weeks.  ;D

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 11:38:52 pm »
So a couple of times in the last few weeks my fuel cap was airlocked. Then I noticed the range to zero was dropping off. Then I noticed I was getting less fuel in when I stopped. So tonight I figured that the fuel gauge was having an off day so cruised past zero range. 4.3 miles later I was pushing it to the petrol station where I managed to get 19.8 litres in. So why is my tank 1 litre smaller than it was?

Anyway here's a picture of the front wheel and radiator graveyard otherwise known as the A370. 65,000 and counting

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 11:24:59 am »
Never mind your magically shrinking fuel tank, I want to know how the hell you manage to push the K to a fuel station 💪

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 11:30:48 am »
Bridgewater is very flat, and it was only 0.4 miles. Definitely something weird going on, fuel economy is about 10% worse too.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 11:53:32 am »
If the bike is made after 3/2008 should have the new floating sensor , but if it's older then the strip line sensor inside the tank creates issues and might need replacement.
Embrace the wind.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 11:59:59 am »
January 2008 manufactured
Had the fuel strip replaced just after I bought the bike. After last night I think the fuel gauge is pretty accurate ie only 4 miles after it said zero I ran out. Its the missing litre I'm interested in. Another service next week, will ask them to investigate

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 01:06:48 pm »
Well the missing litre might be easily explained by the way you handle throttle. As I personally found . Not to mention the quick throttle gadget ones installed was the cause of missing couple of litres.
Embrace the wind.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 04:44:17 pm »
The bike clocked up 66000miles last night . Fortunately I was passing a BMW Motorrad dealer at the time

so I popped in this morning. Hopefully they have fixed the fuel problem (possibly a kinked pipe) and swapped me bent wheel over so I'm going two-tone for a bit not to mention the new front discs and pads.

I also restarted my Merlin glove test today after the liners in the first pair came out of the glove with my hands on Tuesday. Instantly replaced by Riders of Bridgwater, although they had none in they got their Bristol store to post me a replacement set, ta very much as its going to piss down on Monday morning.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 09:04:47 pm »
I'll be thinking of you as I snuggle under the duvet with the blinds tightly closed to keep out the moonlight! Not!