Author Topic: Hey Everybody  (Read 414 times)

Offline TonyT

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K75 / K1200R Sport / K1600GT
Hey Everybody
« on: August 12, 2023, 04:04:51 pm »
Tony, grandpa of two from New Jersey USA. Been riding for 20+ years, currently own a 1995 K75, 2007 K1200R Sport, and my daily driver which is a 2020 K1600GT. I've ridden to about 30 US States and six countries. I'm in my sixteenth season as an instructor for the US Motorcycle Safety Foundation teaching newbies how to ride. Looking forward to interacting and learning from the hive. Thanks all. 
Tony
1995 K75
2007 K1200R Sport
2020 K1600GT

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Hey Everybody
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 09:38:12 pm »
Tony, grandpa of two from New Jersey USA. Been riding for 20+ years, currently own a 1995 K75, 2007 K1200R Sport, and my daily driver which is a 2020 K1600GT. I've ridden to about 30 US States and six countries. I'm in my sixteenth season as an instructor for the US Motorcycle Safety Foundation teaching newbies how to ride. Looking forward to interacting and learning from the hive. Thanks all.

Welcome Tony!

Good to know the US has a rider training & improvement group. It's not really possible to pass your test in the UK without taking some sort of course, but not that many riders go on to take an advanced course.

Mind you, most people who have 'graduated' to riding K bikes have survived and learnt for themselves!

Offline TonyT

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K75 / K1200R Sport / K1600GT
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 05:51:45 am »
richtea, thanks. The MSF curriculum is accepted in most US States as a path to a full license. I'm certified to teach the basic and advanced courses, but at the provider I teach for in New Jersey we're booked solid running just the Beginner RiderCourse. MSF RiderCoaches are nationally certified so some of us teach in a couple of different States. I have a full time job (IBM) but this is a great weekend/part time gig. Love to spread the moto gospel.

BTW forgot to mention my family and I lived in the UK 1998 - 2000. We were in Chalfont St Peter in Buckinghamshire. We loved it and miss England terribly. My office was in Feltham near Heathrow.

Cheers!
Tony
1995 K75
2007 K1200R Sport
2020 K1600GT

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 03:04:13 pm »
Welcome Tony! Did I dream it or did your post include a picture of your bikes originally? I do have very vivid dreams though!

I imagine you have a nice large garage to give these bikes the personal space they each deserve? I've got my bike crammed into one of our - i'm sure you remember them - teeny tiny uk sized single garages :(.

Anyway, post some bike pictures please :D. We have a sub-section from this section for user's bikes if you are so inclined/bored, otherwise just throw some tasty bike snaps here please!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 04:57:06 pm »
Hi Tony and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

It makes a change to have a 'murrican member in here. We have a few but Nu Joisy is a first I think.