Author Topic: Garmin Zumo  (Read 1839 times)

Offline alaskier

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Top case
Garmin Zumo
« on: January 27, 2019, 03:54:05 pm »
I am thinking of buying a K1600GT Sport and want a suitable sat nav to fit into the hole in the dashboard. I understand that a Garmin 660 fits but is no longer available. Its replacement is the Garmin Zumo 395 LM. Does anyone know whether that will that fit into the dashboard? It's much cheaper than the Navigator and, to my mind, much easier to use.

Cheers all,
Tony

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
Re: Garmin Zumo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 04:26:28 pm »
Don’t think it does  :-\

See if you can get a Nav 5 cheap - it’s worth getting a BMW one as it intergrates with the bike.

Offline alaskier

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Top case
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »
Thanks for that Belco. eBay sell both Nav 5 and Nav 6. Is it worth paying extra for the Nav 6? Part of the attraction of the Nav 6 seems to be that it plays music etc. Which seems rather pointless on a bike that comes complete with a radio!

Did you go from a K1300GT to a K1600GT? Is the K16 much better than the K13 and would you recommend I make the change?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:04:31 pm »
It may have been a dream (I do that mostly) but I thought someone asked this question some time ago and the answer was something to do with an infill panel for the dash into which the new device fits.

Anyone??