Author Topic: The K1300S has gone awaiting new S1000 XR Te  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Mrcrazyman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus, RG's, Centre Stand,Carbon Hugger
The K1300S has gone awaiting new S1000 XR Te
« on: January 16, 2020, 04:18:07 pm »
I shall be resigning from the club as my 2012 K1300S has gone, sold. Its been great finding out about the bike on all levels from the forum. I had the bike from new and enjoyed riding it. Great club keep it going.
Live long and Prosper

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: The K1300S has gone awaiting new S1000 XR Te
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 11:19:34 am »
No need to disappear.

Lots of folks in here are interested in your experiences with the XR so do stick around and share your thoughts.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 11:33:34 am »
I agree with Brian. The XR was on my list of possible replacements for my K1300S, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the XR post a K1300S and if "living with it" is a better (or worse!! :(  ) experience. 
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:53:56 am »
I had the XR (2019 model), for more than 6 months as a company courtesy vehicle.
XR is a fast, full of electronics, extremely comfortable, very agile, loveable, but very demanting bike, and it doesn't forgive errors. A trip to the island of Evoia narrow roads some 70 miles fm Athens proved a very bad idea. A complete set of parts almost 80% of an XR minus the engine rests now in my  garage. Hands up for those that they need parts.
The K is getting old but so do I, I'll stick with my old lady.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Mrcrazyman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus, RG's, Centre Stand,Carbon Hugger
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 03:57:10 pm »
As a few of you have said I will stick with the club and report how I get on with the new XR. No delivery dates yet, possibly as late as April.
Cheers All
Live long and Prosper

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 12:57:50 pm »
Very late April is what we've heard here. It's the electronics again. 
Embrace the wind.

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 01:38:23 pm »
I had the XR (2019 model), for more than 6 months as a company courtesy vehicle.
XR is a fast, full of electronics, extremely comfortable, very agile, lovable, but very demanding bike, and it doesn't forgive errors.

+1

Stunning bike. Throttle pinned in "Dynamic" and mine hovered the front wheel just off the ground all the way to 100mph!  Ended up a bit to extreme for me and swapped it back in for a 1250GSA which suits me slightly better.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 02:50:35 pm »
XR is a fast, full of electronics, extremely comfortable, very agile, lovable, but very demanding bike, and it doesn't forgive errors.

+1

Stunning bike. Throttle pinned in "Dynamic" and mine hovered the front wheel just off the ground all the way to 100mph!  Ended up a bit to extreme for me and swapped it back in for a 1250GSA which suits me slightly better.

You know that the throttle doesn't have to be pinned oped all the time? ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 03:28:18 pm »
Now you tell us!

Been riding since 1964 and no-one ever told me that  8)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 04:34:31 pm »
If that's not common knowledge then it finally explains why GSs are so popular!!! ;)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 05:11:07 pm »
Gave up a long time back trying to find the great allrounder just need one more bike and I’ve got one for every day of the week...

THe X/R is supposed to have more bottom end grunt and different ration 4/5/6 gears to stop the high revving manic feel.

The motor does not have a balancer shaft so vibes are all over the place from horrendous to non existent and some need 10,000 miles before they settle,the one thing for sure on anything but a motorway requires a lot less effort to ride than a K.

Very early on with my honeymoon period with the bike found the bottom end fuelling left a lot to desired,Akra headers,MIVV can and a PC and it’s nothing short of magical... two up fully loaded it’ll pull well from 25mph in top gear and you can ride it like a twist and go scooter in.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 05:21:59 pm »
If that's not common knowledge then it finally explains why GSs are so popular!!! ;)

;D ;D ;D

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 09:10:34 pm »
Gave up a long time back trying to find the great allrounder just need one more bike and I’ve got one for every day of the week...

THe X/R is supposed to have more bottom end grunt and different ration 4/5/6 gears to stop the high revving manic feel.

The motor does not have a balancer shaft so vibes are all over the place from horrendous to non existent and some need 10,000 miles before they settle,the one thing for sure on anything but a motorway requires a lot less effort to ride than a K.

Very early on with my honeymoon period with the bike found the bottom end fuelling left a lot to desired,Akra headers,MIVV can and a PC and it’s nothing short of magical... two up fully loaded it’ll pull well from 25mph in top gear and you can ride it like a twist and go scooter in.

What year is this one Chris?
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 07:56:48 am »
Mine is a 16 but the year makes no difference,I rode a 15 model which was as smooth as you like the dealer had put that on the road because their earlier bike was very vibey,they get much better with miles on the motor mine is pretty close to zero but I’ve always had the aftermarket heavy bar ends on.

What makes mine a little more unusual it’s a non ESA bike bought it new as a custom order,I keep bikes years so wanted to start from scratch with my preferred choice,put a Wilbers shock on the back Dymag wheels,the fuelling add on’s that I mentioned.

What folks need to spend time working out is low bike option or stocker,and which seat their are several,I never had the stock seat even from new,ordered the high HP option and at the end of last year acquired the Wunderlich option which is slightly taller still and made of conventional material as opposed to the suede of the HP.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 07:58:26 am by chriscanning »

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 10:48:38 am »
You know that the throttle doesn't have to be pinned oped all the time? ;)

Wasn't aware of that  ;D ;D ;D

Lovely bike, but just a tad to small for me (6'2" and 18 stone) and the missus. Loved owning it and now I have another K16 may go back to one for my one up fun bike.