Author Topic: Not good.  (Read 13866 times)

Offline jqworle

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Ex K1600GT Sport owner
Re: Not good.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 04:22:40 pm »
The K1600 (aka The USS Enterprise) has gone, may her new owner whoever that may be have as much fun on her as i did.
She could show a sports bike up on the right occasion and was limousine style comfy all day.
She has toured (though not enough in my opinion) and tracked (probably too much) and even been in a blog post on 44 teeth.com complete with picture.
I am sure i will miss her a lot but i won't necessarily miss the 332Kg that she weighed even if she did sip fuel like a miser.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 09:21:24 pm »
Console yourself with a stiff one or two, or even doubles; things will look a lot better in the morning 😎

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 09:26:00 am »
The K1600 (aka The USS Enterprise) has gone, may her new owner whoever that may be have as much fun on her as i did.
She could show a sports bike up on the right occasion and was limousine style comfy all day.
She has toured (though not enough in my opinion) and tracked (probably too much) and even been in a blog post on 44 teeth.com complete with picture.
I am sure i will miss her a lot but i won't necessarily miss the 332Kg that she weighed even if she did sip fuel like a miser.

Sorry to see she has gone, you where another to see the beauty of the big girl and been quite adventurous on her.  ;D   Sounds like someone has got a bargain.

Have fun on your new ride.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:31:27 am by Belco100 »

Offline jqworle

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 10:44:58 pm »

gibbo

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 07:42:58 am »
Very nice looking bike John and the matching coloured jacket to suit.  ;)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 11:33:31 am »
How come that K has Ducati badges on it?

Online black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2017, 11:40:13 am »

It's a way to improve reliability!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline jqworle

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2017, 01:12:58 pm »
Very nice looking bike John and the matching coloured jacket to suit.  ;)

Sheer coincidence as this is my oldest leather jacket , had it 7 yrs , it matched my GSX750F at the time.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2017, 02:25:54 pm »

It's a way to improve reliability!

😂 and whoever thought we would say that about Ducati...

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2017, 05:16:00 pm »
Nice Duke - what other bikes were on your maybe list before you went all Italian on us...?
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2017, 05:54:12 pm »
Enjoy , it really looks nice. Red what else for a Duke? 
Embrace the wind.

Offline jqworle

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 03:34:46 pm »
Nice Duke - what other bikes were on your maybe list before you went all Italian on us...?

S1000XR, another K1600GT Sport, Yamaha MT10 Touring. The S1000Xr was the favourite for a long time, even had a test ride and a quote for a brand new one in Motorsport colours, but in the end i was seduced by the Duke, and its kind of hard to say why exactly there was just something about it that the S1000XR didn't have.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »
Great - thanks - always interested in what others are perving after...! Triumph Tiger didn't make the list...?
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2017, 04:20:35 pm »

Well... it's a stealth K... it's a du-"K"-e...

...I'll get my coat...  8)

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2017, 04:47:23 pm »
I know this doesn't help jqworle, but I was talking to my local dealers and he said he has just sold my 2012 K16GT for the fourth time and is just about to get my 2013 K16GT Sport (same model as jqworle's) back in on part-ex. I have no idea what price they pay, but definitely don't turn away business and I know they resell these bikes.

I hate to say this, but buying new is a mugs game, you loose about 50% of the value in three years (both bikes and cars, except Harleys for some reason). And with BMWs you can add all of the tick box options and it doesn't matter much at trade in time. This has only been made worse by the fact that second hand BMWs now have to have two years warranty added to them (along with a full service, MOT, new tyres etc). Not sticking up for them, but it just happens  :(

I get mine on PCP and pay a monthly fee, but each year I look at swapping it in while it still has some worth. I look at the 6,000 mile service, new tyres, a years tax and devaluation. If there is a deal on the ESA or like, I normally end up paying around £2 - £2,500 to upgrade to the newest model. It didn't work so well this year as the K16s had a mid-life face lift  and where hard to get, and prices stayed high as well as a price rise and new "extras". I really like this model and will probably keep it, and the PCP buy it now price after three years is £8,900, a big drop from £21,000 new but to look at it another way I will be getting a fantastic, well looked after bike for under £9,000.