Author Topic: Shark Evo One 2  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
Shark Evo One 2
« on: September 19, 2018, 10:34:22 am »
Needed a new helmet to replace my ageing Shcuberth C3 and spent ages looking at options. Loved the look of the Shoei NeoTech 2, but after trying on several different models I found I really liked the Shark Evo One 2. Fitted me well, and after a few big Tours this year, I found some stop start riding around small towns I was riding with the chin up on the Schuberth which doesn't really work  :-[

This one is homologated as a Open Face or Full Face, and that has grown on me. Wouldn't normally wear an open face, but little things like going through Customs at Euro Tunnel rather than keep taking it on and off has swung me. I was also worried about it being plastic, but I guess things have moved on as it gets quite high safety ratings. With a Pin Lock in the box as well as a dedicated Bluetooth kit available.

Not actually ridden with it yet, will let you know how noisy it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0b1D7CR_Rk

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:37:14 am by Belco100 »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Shark Evo One 2
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 01:21:37 pm »
I doubt I could actually ride in a fixed full face these days.

I'm one of those tedious types who flips his front in every 30 limit and it is amazing; you get eye contact with locals who ignore all the riders in front but who nod and return my cheery 'good morning'. Weird as I don't do mornings and am rarly cheery...

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 01:20:18 pm »
Well I managed to get out for a few hundred miles this weekend, and I really like this helmet.

For me, the XL is a really good fit, where my head doesn't really fit a Schuberth - L is too tight and gives me a headache, XL is too big and sits too low on my head restricting my view.

The Shark is perfect for me. I have put the Pin Lock visor in which I couldn't do on my Schuberth as I end up looking through the top edge of the Pin Lock which further restricts my view so I leave it out - on the Shark I look straight through the middle of the visor.

The elephant in the room is always going to be how noisy it is compared to a Schuberth, which is class leading. Well, its not as quiet, but I can live with it. I tried it out on my XR and K16 and it wasn't too bad on either with the screens in all positions.

The thing I was surprised with is how aerodynamic and light it feels, no problems looking around at any speed. Really nice to wear. And it was also very pleasant to ride as an open face crash helmet when pottering around in the countryside, not something I would normally ever consider doing. Easy to flip it back into full face mode, and flip out the chin curtain that's a bit fiddly with gloves on but doable and makes it feels nice and snug, and the air vents work well.

All in all I am very impressed. I have just ordered the new Shark Tooth Bluetooth kit for these helmets, so hopefully that will be just as good  8)

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 04:57:16 pm »
And being a French helmet, it came with a  set of stickers to make it legal in France  ::)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:09:56 pm »
And being a French helmet, it came with a  set of stickers to make it legal in France  ::)
Only if you apply them Simon  ;D