Author Topic: AirMan Tyre Inflator  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
AirMan Tyre Inflator
« on: July 27, 2019, 10:55:38 am »
For whatever reason (burglars, mice, idiot home-owner etc. etc.) one of my two original AirMan inflators is missing in action, presumed dead.

This discovery came at the least convenient time, Nerg Nail in car tyre (OK, Nerg's cousin, Sally Errant Wheelarch Securing Screw).

Pulled it out, nothing, Yippee! Spat on it, pee'ed on it, still no bubbles. Sooper  8)

Next morning, the dreaded half-flat tyre. Inflated with the big compressor and pondered life while attempting to find AirMan, last seen still in original box sometime before house move two years ago...

The one that has the connectors for the bike is present and correct but not much use in the boot of the car in an emergency is it?

Tried to plug tyre with Dynaplug Carbon wotsit but brass bit wouldn't go all the way in and nor would it come out...

Eventually drove into town and got tyre repaired and brass bit professionally removed by use of very large 'roughing tool'.

So, I now need a new AirMan so that I can put it somewhere safe till I find my other one...

Nippy Normans have them reduced from £29 to £19 but with £2.55'ish postage I went straight to fleabay and got one for £18.95 and free postage.

So, if you need a highly recommended inflator for the bike, car, ex-RNLI inflatable etc. don't go to Nippy's  8)

Offline davidll

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
Re: AirMan Tyre Inflator
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 04:22:20 pm »
So, if you need a highly recommended inflator for the bike, car, ex-RNLI inflatable etc. don't go to Nippy's

I just don't go to any company that doesn't have a telephone number, email address and never checks contact through a web form!

I guess to use the Airman with your bike - you'll need to plug it into a cigarette 12v adapter to BMW Power socket?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:35:08 pm by davidll »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: AirMan Tyre Inflator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 05:41:51 pm »
No, the AirMan comes with both sized DIN plugs for car and bike use. Or rather a smal DIN with a large adaptor for car use....BUT

I bought two AirMen(?) way back.

One for the car with the stock large and small DIN plugs for cigar lighter sockets and this is the one I can't find.

The second, motorcycle one is re-wired with connectors for the Optimate drop lead which is connected direct across the battery and this one travels with me on tour.

The BUT above is because the CANbus won't allow the bike to run a compressor from the 12v outlet as any number of us found out to our cost. You either run it from the battery wih the croc clips or a drop lead or go via some fused outlet from the battery.