Author Topic: Hello from Derby  (Read 2354 times)

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
Hello from Derby
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:36:37 pm »
Big well done and thanks to the "Team" for getting the new site up and running. I was a member of the old site and rated it highly.  IMHO the K Bike is the top of the pile. I have just sold a BM K1200 RS SE and replacing it with a BM K1300 GT SE 09 with 4000 miles on, in showroom nick. Flying up to Scotland to fetch her in a few weeks time.

I am retired from the public service arena and spend my time trying to help folks (Battle the big organisations mainly) and enjoying myself along with my wife, touring, cycling, walking, music.

Cheers

Jack.
JS

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Hello from Derby
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:44:31 pm »
Really glad to have you with us again Jack!

Brian (who thinks the trip back from Scotland might be quicker than the flight up there  ;) )

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 10:59:51 am »
Cheers Brian, when the old club was absent I realised the K Bike is under represented elsewhere. It is a shame to learn some of the info from the old club is gone up into the ether. A couple of questions, the hackers apart from  knackering up a great and positive forum what else did they achieve, also will there be a For Sale section as I have a virtually brand spanking set of Wilbers for an K12 RS with 3 years guarantee still applicable for sale. Prefer to sell them to a fellow K Biker if possible and they will get them approx £500 quid cheaper than from the importer ?

Thanks

Jack
(must remember to remember my new anti hack name !)
JS

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 11:20:21 am »
Well, firstly, the old site wasn't hacked. The owner closed the site at midnight on New Year's Eve, or rather didn't re-activate the account with the web host. Despite the best efforts of PaulC who knows Nadeem well, there has been no contact with him and no reason for the closure; as much of a mystery to Paul as to the rest of us.

Despite many efforts, there is no way we can get at the old site content even if we pay the host fees, without the cPanel account name and password, known only to Nadeem.

Hence this brand new, shiny and almost empty site, just waiting for all the juicy stuff to start filling it up again. To reassure one and all that this can't and won't happen again, I shall be taking steps in the coming days to share all relevant contact details, account names and passwords with the rest of the admin and moderator team, so when I shuffle off this mortal coil, the site doesn't gat buried with me.

Secondly, you will find the for sale 'Board', called 'The EuroKClub Trader' in the third 'Category' of 'Boards'. The first category is 'Welcome...', next is 'General Forum....' And lastly is 'Things Bikers Love.....'.

Brian (who says 'getyour ad in quick before the mad admin team start charging to pay for their next bike ;D )