General forum area > Ride Out Reports

A Rare Experience

(1/1)

chriscanning:
Not even sure this should be in ride out reports, but should such a hoot thought I’d tell.

I’ll stick to no names no packdrill just in case, we go out yesterday for a ride out and coffee cake, sadly not on the K which I wish we had been when things get silly,finally decide after various country lanes we would get onto the motorway ,after a couple of miles it’s gridlocked and everything is stationary we filter for another couple of miles till we arrive at the front of the queue,the motorway guys are doing their thing,even to the point there’s one of their big 4x4 steaming towards us on a completely empty motorway…

Of course after a few minutes there’s a variety of bikers all moaning and groaning but then the penny drops 😜 when the motorway guys say ‘Go’ this could be very interesting, and when they did turned into a full on drag race on a completely empty motor….Oh my life  ;) ;) ;) an experience never to be missed, hopefully nothing turns up in the post. ::)

Phmode:
You gotta take what you can get.

The M4 was closed in both directions between Newbury and Theale one day when I was in a hurry to get to Reading(?). By the time I had filtered to the front past all the hard-shoulder picnics and open car doors, it turned out there was nothing on my side apart from a parked air ambulance.

There was a horse box (big truck thingy, not a car-towed trailer) on the opposite carriageway with more police and fire folks than I thought we had.

We sat there for about another half hour, it turns out the road had been closed for almost as long when I joined. Eventually the chopper took off and the Wombles started getting ready to let us go but just as me and the only other biker were gloving up a police car eased up the hard shoulder and led us sedately away...I guess you had the bad luck to have run out of available plod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version