Things Bikers Love (or Hate) > Bike Cleaning

Those bloody wheels!

(1/4) > >>

Phmode:
Is it just me?

Anyone would think they were designed by a four year old....

So, how the bloody hell do you clean your front wheels?

I mean, I've got hands like a seven year old boy and wrists like a seven year old girl and I still can't get in behind the discs and particularly the ABS sensor ring to give the spokes a good sorting out.

Today I took the wheels off to get new tyres fitted and even with the wheels on the bench it was still an impossible task.

Discs covered in Auto Glym, tyres covered in WD40 and me covered in shite!

If they make wheels like some sort of Gordian Knot then they should be forced to either clean them for you for life or make a suitable brush thingy to do the job properly!

Apart from not bothering, are there any solutions, literally or metaphorically, out there?

fjtwelve:
Muc off, jet wash, and a big glove sponge that has lots of little tails on it to get in the nooks and crannies with turtle wax wash. Make sure you stand well back to admire the finish

TomL:
If you think the cast wheels are difficult to clean you should try cleaning the forged wheels.

Phmode:
I have to say Martin, I'm no fan of MucOff. I have never found anything that it cleans properly and the thought of a pressure washer jet anywhere near my wheel bearings fills me with dread. I like the idea of the nobbly mitt though  8)

When I first saw your forged wheels last year Tom, it crossed my mind that they might be a pig to clean; gotta be some downsides to the expensive stuff  ;D

Blobby:
On my older bikes i used to take the discs off before handing the wheel over for a new tyre.
A for cleaning
B I was paranoid that the ape behind tyre removal machine was going to catch my discs and bend them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version