Author Topic: BMW's Navigator Mount or other options on K1300s?  (Read 6974 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: BMW's Navigator Mount or other options on K1300s?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 09:35:26 am »
I was referring to our erstwhile admin bobtail, the original Bob and the only one at the time  ;D

PS That's twice Iv'e rattled his cage recently without him rising to the bait. He seems to have deserted his post this year so maybe he needs replacing  8)

Offline markrich

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 05:46:05 pm »
Now the Sat Nav is sorted and waiting fitting, my eyes, or is that my ears, turn to bluetooth in the helmet to hear directions.
What is the opinion of the BMW Communications System?  Over priced (not that all BMW stuff isn't..;-)) or are there alternatives worth exploring?
I have a BMW Race Helmet, as I prefer the full face thing.

Offline markrich

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 08:20:29 am »
Lovely new sat nav now on bike with official mount.Not as bad as feared or suggested by some with location, me included.Shiny display in bright light not great though.Aim to get some bluetooth for the helmet shortly to get instructions in the ears when riding.Not had a lot of time to play with it, but impressed so far.

Offline markstuk

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 10:43:14 am »
I've got a tomtom rider on my VFR using the ram yoke mount and a bike mounted power supply. Useless in sunshine, so use the BT connection to my helmet.

On the K13R I simply use my phone and google maps for audio directions. However I do have a 5V USB power supply I can connect to BMW aux DIN  power supply.
K1300R - 08 - ABS/traction control/ Quickshifter. Two brothers can, oberon slave clutch, centre stand (fitting that was a pain),  polish crash bars, Laminar lip wind deflector.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 11:15:42 am »
...I simply use my phone and google maps for audio directions.

There - GPS done right.

If you don't mind sharing every move with Google...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 12:20:52 pm »
Shiny display in bright light not great though.

Mine is all but invisible when I wear my winter flouro jacket and the same in summer with the white Airflow.

It's perfect in autumn and spring when I wear my black airflow Halvarssons cover though.

What I need is a reverse sunshade, one that fits under the screen to stop the reflections of the jacket.

Offline PeterK

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 08:16:28 pm »
I use a Tom Tom on the battery cover mount. A quick glance for next junction distance and direction works fine for me.

Hello Mister, is there any chance you could provide some picture and/or link to similar, please?

Offline Reddo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2023, 03:39:15 pm »
...I simply use my phone and google maps for audio directions.

There - GPS done right.

If you don't mind sharing every move with Google...

Hello Mark, I am looking at this simple solution also - is there a power feed to the iphone you can use from the battery. Regards Paul

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2023, 07:56:38 pm »
If you look on my k1200s thread you will see in several photos  that I have my phone in a RAM mount from the steering head. The phone power comes either from the DIN power socket on the lhs of the bike via a lead through the tank bag with a cigarette lighter socket housing a plug in USB socket to a USB lead to the phone. Or from a DIN socket I have fixed into the inner fairing (an Optimate kit from Nippy Normans that wires direct to the battery) that takes a double USB  plug. The former set up is handy if you have other kit charging in the tank bag, but a pain to disconnect when refuelling.  Hence the latter option. The phone has a tomtom app, and Google maps, and my Neotec2 helmet has the Sena comms kit, the two being linked by Bluetooth. Not perfect but gets me most places

Offline Reddo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2023, 08:39:34 am »
Excellent - thanks so much. I will take a look at your page and also the screen as that is something I want to change also. Greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 08:48:37 am by Reddo »