Author Topic: Garmin 390 transfer GPX to Garmin?  (Read 1271 times)

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
Garmin 390 transfer GPX to Garmin?
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:23:12 pm »
Been trying to upload route onto my Garmin 390. However follow all the instructions click on send to devie and see it uploading etc. However when trying to find route on Garmin it is not there. I try to import from device etc but no joy.
Can somebody explain where im going wrong  :-[
Mark Barbour

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Garmin 390 transfer GPX to Garmin?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:22:43 pm »
Well, Garmin can't, that's for sure  ::)

My 660 needs to have something like 'Import Data' clicked, but there is also a message like 'New Media Found'. It's not 'media' but can't remember what it says. I've got my Garmin with me but not my laptop so not much help I'm afraid.

There are much better options for uploading than the dreadful BaseCrap if that is what you are using.

A much simpler way is simply to drag and drop the file onto your device with it connected to your 'pooter.

Good luck..... >:(

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:19:17 am »
Ah, so if i just use something else to create GPX files then just add to either device or memory card. That sounds far more useful.
Will give it a go.
Mark Barbour

Offline peterwbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:53:04 am »
A free (with Ads) option I use is http://www.tyretotravel.com/ and if you like using a Mac or being web based http://www.myrouteapp.com/ works although I think you have to pay for the Garmin connector with this one...  Both are pretty reliable at uploading routes.  Hope that helps, Peter