Author Topic: The Lock Picking Lawyer  (Read 3075 times)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
The Lock Picking Lawyer
« on: December 10, 2019, 12:33:03 pm »
I watch this guys videos all the time his skill is exceptional. This one is bike related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5BRy93769U

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: The Lock Picking Lawyer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:00:59 pm »
So, are you a practising pickist or just a common tea-leaf then Rae  8)

Pragmasis are the guys who make the wonderful Anti-Pinch Pin, absolutely a must for use as a through wall anchor and through frame lock on the K.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCuNUAMpWI

And here is a real-world test of both the Pragmasis and Almax Chains using the biggest hoist-driven bolt-croppers I've ever seen...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SDBRI3cgw1o

Long-winded but the force is unbelievable. Neither gave way. However, the angle grinder won in about 2 minutes... >:(

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 03:01:26 pm »
Pragmasis are the guys who make the wonderful Anti-Pinch Pin, absolutely a must for use as a through wall anchor and through frame lock on the K.

The Pragmasis man suggests using a Squire Stronghold SS65CS with the Anti-Pinch Pin. Here's LPL picking it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbjNq2OqD0

Brute force and ignorance. Without the brute force...  ;D

He does a very good description, but it's over my head at this point.
I may need to ask Santa for a lock picking kit... just for fun.

What lock do you use, Brian ?

Here's another fun one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lod_LUp3ggc

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 03:03:50 pm by richtea »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 12:27:47 pm »
The SS65CS is the only lock that they recommend and may be the only one that fits. The A-P Pin was designed around (or literally inside) that lock.

I have two pins, one through the garage wall from the outside with their bloody great spreader washer under the head. One end of the chain is over the inner end with a 65 on it.

The other pin goes perfectly through the hole through the frame of the K under the swing-arm pivot and the other end of the chain is over that pin with a second 65 on s set-up was the only reasonable wayof securing the bike at the previous house which had no garage, a brick sett drive and a convenient wall.

In my current location there are too many links in the security 'chain' with this set up but I sleep at night...who wants a second-hand K anyway.

I bought an Almax chain together with one CS65 from Almax before I discovered Pragmasis. My old Sold Secure wall anchor was the weak spot; a scaffold pole would have levered it out together with three bricks and the gas meter!

I wanted a second CS65 for the Pin but Almax were not in the least interested in supplying it keyed alike to the original and teo keys is a nonsense.

The guys at Pragmasis supplied the Pin, one new complete CS65 and a new barrel for my original lock, keyed to the one they supplied.

For those who haven't shopped at Pragmasis, I can also highly recommend their Shed Shackle, a medieval torture device you bolt through your shed wall and chain your bike to it. I used it for my bicycle but if all you have is a timber shed then you would have to dismantle, cut through or totally destroy the shed to get the shackle and the bike away.

I doubt there is a lock that can't be picked and as the old adage goes, if they want it, they'll have it.

As the old lion hunter joke goes, 'I don't have to outrun the lion, I only have to outrun you!'

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 01:32:56 pm »
As the old lion hunter joke goes, 'I don't have to outrun the lion, I only have to outrun you!'

Spot on - always have a less valuable bike than the man next door.
Maybe there's market for a clip-on fairing sign:

Next door has a Panigale with a rubbish lock

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 04:26:47 pm »
who want's a secondhand K anyway? is a principle I've worked on for a while. The only problem is they can't see the mileage until they get the ignition on. As for the other one , well if they want it they get it as you say but rather them than me carrying it over 2 cars in my narrow drive once they've got it free of its other impediments
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 03:46:28 pm by fjtwelve »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 05:25:18 pm »
Some years ago a mate said something similar about his pick-up truck that was always parked in front of his garage.

They jumped the truck, reversed it through the garage doors, dragged his Fireblade through the wreckage with his tow chain, complete with security chain and ground anchor and drove off with it...
in the back of his pick-up  >:(

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 10:34:17 am »
Unfortunately if you're a potential target the chances are you're gonna get nicked.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:58:51 pm by richtea »
Embrace the wind.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 02:11:41 pm »
The Abus Rock, it seems to be a fairly easy pick but take a look at the brute force attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opf1XI7vZ5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmjLLXl8Y4

If he's impressed, I'm impressed  ;)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 02:58:12 pm »
who want's a secondhand K anyway? is a principle I've worked on for a while.

Me too  :)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 01:11:48 pm »
Another gem from the Lock Picking Lawyer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chu4mvEUc5I

It's a gun safe for Christs sake, no wonder kids keep shooting people.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 03:16:54 pm »
Thank god my guns are better protected than that...

I had more trouble getting into a pack of bacon this morning  ::)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 03:32:16 pm »
I had more trouble getting into a pack of bacon this morning  ::)
I'm glad I'm not the only one  :-[