Author Topic: What's your problem?  (Read 306 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
What's your problem?
« on: December 21, 2022, 11:28:47 am »
Well, mine was a terrible delivery experience courtesy of DPD. It was so bad it just went on and on...

So, how does one complain to an entity like DPD? Well, the delivery advice e-mail I received had a contact number and so I called them. Lovely chap (same one who works for Barclays, Lakeland and a dozen other companies) spoke nicely to me, identified the parcel tracking number, told me it was NOT a DPD delivery but a PackLink one, that DPD couldn't help me but I should go to the PackLink website and then hung up on me. How rude!

I duly went to the PackLink website where a chat bot couldn't understand simple English phrases and told me I should call DPD on the number I just got hung up on...

This was a person to person ebay delivery and so I rang ebay and spoke to a lovely human being who apologised, explained that PackLink was an ebay delivery service and had I heard of Resolver? Resolver? I've got a revolver if I don't get my delivery.

Anyway, she sent me a linky thingy and off I went to Resolver.co.uk

Resolver claim to be able to get results for any problem with any company, just try us it said.

Well it cost nothing, was simple to use, just put in the company name and tell em what was wrong. Resolver set up a case file for me and asked me to give more details. I had a right old rant but eventually crafted a reasonable outline of my complaint and told them what I wanted to happen. Click the 'Send' button it said, so I did and promptly forgot all about it and went on writing Christmas cards.

Imagine my utter delight later that day when I received a notification from Resolver that my complaint had a response. Clicked the linky thingy in the mail and there was a reply from Courtney (she/her/he/him but most definitely not 'it').

So, in less time than it takes me to tell, I was in mail communication with a real person in the DPD complaints department working for the directors of the company (she said).

Well, of course, Courtney found my parcel instantly but has no power of life or death over the delivery depots, but at least she was in contact with them. Eventually (I did say it went on and on...) my parcel arrived 8 days later. Another couple of days of backward and forwarding and Resolver gives you the option of escalating the matter to the CEO of the company but I had my lovely new curtains and knowing how organisations work I was sure that it would have been the lovely Courtney who ended up in the loop again and so I closed my case.

Now obviously, Resolver doesn't have a magic bullet (back to my revolver then) and works with companies who have elected to join their service at a cost, but I was mightily impressed by its ability to seemingly instantly by-pass the auto-shop-front systems designed to stop you ever bothering the people in charge of things.

And so, being the sort of non-confrontational, easily pleased and even more easily fobbed-off guys and gals that you all are, I thought I would pass on this little gem of a service.

Now then, what's your problem?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 11:31:05 am by Phmode »