Author Topic: The Day Of Reckoning  (Read 10886 times)

Offline WOK13EE

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT EE
Re: The Day Of Reckoning
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »
If anyone wants to start a speeding in Europe oh Lordy Lordy  ;) the European law really do have some party tricks up their sleeves now days. ::)

....oh that's very true and they chase you all the way back to blighty as well to get their pound of euros from you. And don't get us started on the arcane laws that the French politicians have started to bandy about, ggrrrrrrrr.

Bob
The French make you pay on the spot.  Beware the Pas de Calais area.  On the way home via Port or Tunnel.  As one jolly Gendarme explained, whenever they have the time, they can be assured of income from the Brits within 150kms of Calais. 

I was surprised that he expressed no interest in the mandatory kit; highviz, breathalyzer etc. Only the cash. I really did not feel too bad; so many years of getting away with it in tins and on bikes. 
BD

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that we learn nothing from the lessons of history

Offline WOK13EE

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT EE
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 02:50:59 pm »
To quote or not to quote that is the question? Whether 'tis nobler......and a welcome indeed BrendaN.

Bob

;D Thank you Bob. Nice to be back.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that we learn nothing from the lessons of history

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 04:03:21 pm »
Oops!

Brian (who managed a cock-up even though he did proof-read his greeting

Offline Lightning_650

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 05:02:01 pm »
If anyone wants to start a speeding in Europe oh Lordy Lordy  ;) the European law really do have some party tricks up their sleeves now days. ::)

....oh that's very true and they chase you all the way back to blighty as well to get their pound of euros from you. And don't get us started on the arcane laws that the French politicians have started to bandy about, ggrrrrrrrr.

Bob
The French make you pay on the spot.  Beware the Pas de Calais area.  On the way home via Port or Tunnel.  As one jolly Gendarme explained, whenever they have the time, they can be assured of income from the Brits within 150kms of Calais. 

I was surprised that he expressed no interest in the mandatory kit; highviz, breathalyzer etc. Only the cash. I really did not feel too bad; so many years of getting away with it in tins and on bikes. 
BD
Breathalyzer/Alcotester thing was knocked on the head a while back ...(thats why I've got a rake of the damn things in a drawer at work) Not sure about the Hi-Viz thing for bikers either,didn't the French bikers protest and get it suspended? I know you have to carry them in trucks/cars etc...
Lifes a bitch.And then you die.