Author Topic: New to BMW  (Read 8481 times)

Charlie farley

Re: New to BMW
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 06:39:57 pm »
Ok here goes , if I wanted to make someone aware that I'd mentioned them in a reply on some sites you can put  example @Phmode, by putting this in the reply it would cause a notification flag on /in that persons account so that you can draw there attention to something, it also pulls down a list of names starting with the first letter ie P then Ph and so one it makes it easy to also get peoples names correct. Hope ya understand  :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 08:16:43 pm »
As far as I know (but what do I know?) there is no such feature in SMF, the software we run on. If anyone knows differently I would love to hear of it.

Brian (who thinks the only thing similar is the PM feature)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 06:59:26 am »
Sorry costas but that means nothing to me but if you hope your wrong it must be serious .
extended warranty is not a problem for the  piece of mind.
also can you tag someone in a reply so they know you have included them ?
Coupling issue was mentioned cause it was a serious recall object for this bike model, and in all case that I'm familiar with noise was the symptom.
Extended warranty is the best deal you chaps have there, wish it was a worldwide thing but it is not.
Embrace the wind.

Charlie farley

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 08:32:09 am »
well my bike went back to bm last night and i must say that mondail (bmw warranty) were very efficient and professorial , I will keep you informed . :) 

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 03:09:01 pm »
Mondial in UK offers an extended warranty program in the rest of Europe  is only covering recovery. That proves to my eyes that law in UK and consumer organisations are far more efficient .
Embrace the wind.

Charlie farley

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 01:23:12 pm »
hi just spoke to the dealer and they have decided that the clutch basket is knackered and asked BMW to foot the bill ,im told that the worst case i may have to pay labour about £100  after 400 mls as i ride about 16000 miles a year this could be a very expensive bike to keep  :( 

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 01:35:26 pm »
I was somehow expecting that. 100 is the labor cost and there is nothing they can do about it am afraid, and that happens only because they already submit more than three deferential PUMA (work order and parts claim) about the bike.
Embrace the wind.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 02:05:10 pm »
hi just spoke to the dealer and they have decided that the clutch basket is knackered and asked BMW to foot the bill ,im told that the worst case i may have to pay labour about £100  after 400 mls as i ride about 16000 miles a year this could be a very expensive bike to keep  :(

What is in the small print for excess,I don't think anyone has ever mentioned dealing with the extended warranty when a bike has been purchased from a dealer.

As for ' very expensive bike to keep' I should imagine most on here will have a wry smile at that.

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 06:12:37 pm »
And shake their heads in compliance. :-\
Embrace the wind.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2015, 07:34:12 pm »
hi just spoke to the dealer and they have decided that the clutch basket is knackered and asked BMW to foot the bill ,im told that the worst case i may have to pay labour about �100  after 400 mls as i ride about 16000 miles a year this could be a very expensive bike to keep  :(

I did 20K a year on my 1300GT and yes it aint cheap, servicing and tyres was about �2k a year. As Chris once said to me, "Your problem is you use it" ;D  Original clutch mind for 60k miles and still going strong when it went. They need to put a complete 13 clutch in yours and possibly do a mod to the oil flow, which they wont know anything about in all likelyhood.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:06:32 pm by Phmode »
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Charlie farley

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 08:42:30 pm »

I think I'm going to continue this in the whinge section if that would be more correct place .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:55:18 pm by Charlie farley »