Author Topic: For sale on eBay: K1300S Motorsport (auction finishes Sun 23rd Oct)  (Read 1841 times)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Unashamed plug for my K1300S Motorsport auction.
Let's find its true value:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195413295027

Wish me luck - or better still, get bidding and get lucky yourself!

And here's the video highlighting the good and bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQB8LW5xzj8

Feel free to ask questions.

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
Re: For sale on eBay: K1300S Motorsport (auction finishes Sun 23rd Oct)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 09:52:33 pm »
Feel free to ask questions.

Hope you get the right price for it. But erm... what bike will you be riding soon, now that you're selling your last K1300S ?
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 11:30:25 pm »
I still have another Motorsport! I seem to be getting through the miles in the past 2-3 years rather quicker than previously, so I decided to buy a lower mileage one whilst there are still a few around to choose from. It's also a year younger - 2016.

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 05:05:40 pm »
I think all who have ever had 3 K1300S's should get a discount on the membership here  :thumbsup:
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 05:33:58 pm »
Agreed! Where's my discount, Brian?

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 07:35:44 pm »
Yer banned. Yer all banned! Discount indeed...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 02:57:09 pm »
It may be autumn, but I'm sweating here. £3500 and just a day to go. Gulp.

I look forward to the late bids arriving from Poland - even though it's a UK-only auction.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 05:22:11 pm »
3500? Jeez. I better empty the piggy bank and get bidding

Offline andym2

• View Profile
  • Location:: Stratford on Avon (District, the town is 'Upon' )
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 08:08:50 pm »
I’ve never tried selling on eBay. How does it work if you don’t get a decent price; do you have to sell it?

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 08:46:59 pm »
I’ve never tried selling on eBay. How does it work if you don’t get a decent price; do you have to sell it?

The main options are:
1. 'normal' auction that runs for a set time and the highest bidder wins, regardless of how low the winning bid is
2. set a reserve value and run the auction
3. set a 'Buy it now' price as well as run a normal auction

I picked option 1, which means your question is correct - I sell it regardless of how low the winning bid is.
If you start your auction with a low starting price you'll get a lot of bids and attention, which might help with the final price.
This one is scary but very final.

Option 2 let's you set a reserve price, so if the bidding doesn't reach that reserve, you keep the item. eBay will still charge you of course.
That's fine but it does tend to dampen down the bidding, because bidders don't know the reserve price (other than it says 'you've not met the reserve price'). That's quite annoying for them. It does exclude some of the chancers, of course.

Option 3 in effect tells everyone what you think the item is worth, and again, it may dampen initial bidding. I believe the 'Buy it now' price disappears as soon as a normal bid is placed, but I could be wrong. The risk is if your 'Buy it now' price is so high no one bothers bidding, or too low that someone buys straight away, and you lose out on the 'market' value that an auction shold give you.

Since I've already put it on Autotrader and failed to sell it, I have in effect done Option 3 and my 'Buy it now' price was too high.  :o

So feel free to bid, Andy!  :-*

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 09:17:39 pm »
Having not looked at K prices for some time, the prices certainly have some variation that is for sure.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 09:14:23 am »
Ended OK Rich?
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2022, 03:10:32 pm »
It ended well. I was expecting a bit closer to £5k, but then again, a tanking economy and no easy sales route to the EU (the previous one went to Poland) doesn't help.
But someone got a lovely bargain.  ::)

It's worth what someone will pay for it, and having two in the garage is a bit pointless when it needs tyres, insurance, road tax, and a service in April.
Although keeping it for a winter hack did briefly cross my mind.  :o

Offline Grumpy jase

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300S
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 04:00:08 pm »

The main options are:
1. 'normal' auction that runs for a set time and the highest bidder wins, regardless of how low the winning bid is
2. set a reserve value and run the auction
3. set a 'Buy it now' price as well as run a normal auction

I picked option 1, which means your question is correct - I sell it regardless of how low the winning bid is.
If you start your auction with a low starting price you'll get a lot of bids and attention, which might help with the final price.
This one is scary but very final.

Option 2 let's you set a reserve price, so if the bidding doesn't reach that reserve, you keep the item. eBay will still charge you of course.
That's fine but it does tend to dampen down the bidding, because bidders don't know the reserve price (other than it says 'you've not met the reserve price'). That's quite annoying for them. It does exclude some of the chancers, of course.

Option 3 in effect tells everyone what you think the item is worth, and again, it may dampen initial bidding. I believe the 'Buy it now' price disappears as soon as a normal bid is placed, but I could be wrong. The risk is if your 'Buy it now' price is so high no one bothers bidding, or too low that someone buys straight away, and you lose out on the 'market' value that an auction shold give you.

Since I've already put it on Autotrader and failed to sell it, I have in effect done Option 3 and my 'Buy it now' price was too high.  :o

So feel free to bid, Andy!  :-*

There is also secret option number 4.  Set up the auction with no reserve, like option 1, but get a mate to enter a bid, right at the close of the auction at your reserve price.  As a regular Ebay user, there seems to be a lot of this going on.  Items appear to sell, often at bargain prices, only to re-appear as a new listing a couple of hours later.  It is possible to cancel sales after they have finished, but it requires both sides to agree, or takes a long time.

It is not in the spirit of a no reserve auction, but frankly is better that what can also happen which is you win an item at a great price, feel really happy, and then the seller disapears off the planet, and you have no way to complete the purchase.

Rich, I hope you are happy with the end result for your sale, and that the buyer turns up and pays without problems. They certainly seem to have got a bargain, so I've little doubt they will be extremely happy with their purchase
Being grumpy makes me happy

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 05:43:44 pm »
It's due to go tomorrow.

He turns up and pays - excellent!
If he doesn't turn up - I get my winter hack!

I think the moral of the story might be to hang on to them a bit longer than 38k miles.