Author Topic: LS2 Helmets  (Read 4787 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: LS2 Helmets
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 08:35:08 pm »
 I used to have an Arai for 5 years and it was the best helmet I'd had. However it was a bit noisy so having read flip fronts were quieter I tried the Neotec. Hadn't planned on it, it was just the one that fitted best after spending an afternoon with a number of different makes. I also wanted a comms unit and the Sena Neotec set up is good. Have to say I have been disappointed that its not as quiet as I expected, certainly not as much as I'd been led to believe by the reviews. It was quieter than my old Arai but that was getting loose and the padding compressed, so a fair bit of noise was coming up from the bottom of the helmet. I think the ventilation in the Arai is better too. After 2 years the Neotec finish is showing more marks than the Arai after 5. I don't feel any bobbing about at speed on either bike (k12 has MRA screen, K13 is standard) but I'm only 5'9" so maybe I'm getting a little more protection from the fairing. I'm not about to change the helmet, its only 2.25 years old, but am not a convert to Shoei at the moment.

revd

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 08:42:21 pm »
but I'm only 5'9" so maybe I'm getting a little more protection from the fairing. I'm not about to change the helmet, its only 2.25 years old, but am not a convert to Shoei at the moment.

I'm on a K1200R, has a screen, but I'm 6ft5 and so well in the wind blast area.  I've had been using flip lids for years, but am looking at a "normal" one that should be quieter. Shoei fit, but I'll look at others if they are a good fit. Usually a Large is the right size.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 01:26:15 pm »
My first helmet was a Shark Vision R : was totally fine except the visors tended to break close to the pivot point - went through 3 or 4 - and I am far off being a regular biker/helmet user. It was pretty good all round though, if not mega stable at speed when turning head from side/side.

Now have a C3 Pro. All round fine, am ok with headship and fit, but nowhere near as quiet as I had been expecting - certainly no better than the Shark. It is more stable when turning my head around though at speed due to the extra wing/profiling... at present not worth the extra money (though I got it mine in a sale) - but good to be able to flip in town...

...I'm 6ft 4 and last bike was a 13R with regular screen putting my noggin right in the bad zone...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 02:14:52 pm by OxMan »
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline armstrongracer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s, KTM 950sm, some racing stinkwheels.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 01:48:09 pm »
but I'm only 5'9" so maybe I'm getting a little more protection from the fairing. I'm not about to change the helmet, its only 2.25 years old, but am not a convert to Shoei at the moment.

I'm on a K1200R, has a screen, but I'm 6ft5 and so well in the wind blast area.  I've had been using flip lids for years, but am looking at a "normal" one that should be quieter. Shoei fit, but I'll look at others if they are a good fit. Usually a Large is the right size.

If you have a Shoei head, the RYD is supposed to be incredible value. 5 stars sharp rating, good noise and stability.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 06:17:46 pm »
[quote author=armstrongracer link=topic=4326.msg52923#msg52923 date=1602679689
If you have a Shoei head, the RYD is supposed to be incredible value. 5 stars sharp rating, good noise and stability.
[/quote]

I can recommend Moto-Central from a price point of view (and from a visit point of view too, but Hinckley is a bit far for just a helmet purchase?):
https://www.motocentral.co.uk/brands/shoei-moto/shoei-moto-ryd/l.html
And free P&P
The Ryd Large is £224 there, - and black is your favourite colour, right?