Author Topic: Trusted Independent in Warwickshire - valve check?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Trusted Independent in Warwickshire - valve check?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2024, 09:21:38 am »
I didn't realise that Stirling was in Wales!

By and large the 20 zones in Welsh Wales were fairly well obeyed. I mean by the populace at large, we obviously stuck to no more than 23-24, but it is hard on a bike.

The confusing bit was the inconsistency. Before 20 was even a thing, you knew 30 was 30 apart from school zones, streetlights being the giveaway. But now, some 20 zones on MRA were back to 30. I don't recall any actual 20's that were shown as 30 so we were always on the right side of things.

And, unlike my expectations which were that they had simply swapped out 30 signs for 20's, there seemed to be places where it still went 40 - 30 - 20 - 30 - 40.

Now that they are rowing back on the blanket stuff, unless they are going to put 20 repeater signs where it IS 20, then I can see lots of utter confusion ensuing.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2024, 11:34:17 am »
20mph makes sense around schools and in the centre of towns/cities because of pedestrians.
It doesn't make sense on a very long straight road in Scotland where no one is around.

Maybe it should be 20mph only if a pedestrian is visible.

And Scotland was lovely and sunny! We stayed in The Pineapple:

Possibly the best folly in the UK.

The leaves allow the 'infrequent' rainwater to roll down from leaf to leaf and out, rather than seeping into the walls. The 4 urns on the garden wall are actually chimneys. Some anonymous person had fun designing that in the 1760s.

Anyway, back to independent engineers!

Offline runnerboy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: The best colour K13s 😉 Remus can, carbon hugger, Heli risers.
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2024, 06:23:25 pm »
Update, popped past Andy at Behind Bars, for me it confirmed he wasn’t keen. His suggestion was  along the lines of whether or not it was necessary as he hadn’t had to adjust valves on a K for a long time, and they usually don’t need adjusting. Also mentioned a 6 hour job, which makes me want to confirm the BMW price I was quoted. Which I will do when I get back to the UK.

Would still prefer to sell it as checked.