Author Topic: Praise your dealer.  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Praise your dealer.
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:35:58 am »
Bike had to go in for change of both ball joints. Brian had insisted that they were to blame for steer waiving but I tried for almost a year to play deaf. Ultimately had to change them. My good friend and dealer in that order now, suggested that since he will disassemble bike in bits and pieces he would do the 6 years service at the same time. Luckily had the original spark plugs in a box and he agreed to install those so save some money close to 90 euros I found. Brake fluids and the rest like axle grease, Valvoline, ABS sensor o-ring, etc had done them this past summer so save another 90 euros there. Also saved 20 euros for liquid had two bottles at home.
Asked him to look and check on the Ignition Coils , since bike was misbehaving, he found one already dead. after changing it another one died (he assemble and disassemble bike one more time). Agreed to change all.
Well bike was in, why not asking them to install a GPS tracker and hide well all components? and then why not ask them to install side turn led lights under emblems that I recently bought for Schrodie? They said yes its winder time not so much work will do that for you free of charge......Happy
They also gave me a detail scheme of the gasket arrangements aperture and closure for intake and output for each cylinder to keep with other bike documents. He found that no adjustments was in need and the oil consumption noticeable when i press hard bike has nothing to do with gaskets but with engine block confirmed. So i guess have to live with it and check my oil at a regular basis.
Here is the bill: (after a discount 15% for class A costumers, not exactly know what this means, but certainly glad I'm one of them).
Labor:137,70
Ball joints (2): 184,84
Ignition Coils (4): 358,77
Head gasket top: 12,99
Gasket bottom: 31,74
O-ring:0,54
Oil filter:10,14
Gastrol 5-40 (4lit):53,38
Change of clutch oil: no charge
Vacuum cleaning and change of liquid: no charge
Parts: 652,40
VAT 24%: 181,75
Total: 971,82 euros, a very satisfied customer.
Now got the bike start it (didn't like the sound of starter, but dismiss it), did 100 meters ABS fault goes on. No ABS return to dealers immediately, they all looked puzzled. What happen? Costas the head mechanic stated in a pompous way ''its the battery heard the terrible noise of your starter before, she is dead even after it was charged''. The damn BOSH died on me exactly two years two days after purchase. Again to PC to erase malfunction and restart bikes ECU, recharge battery, wait for another three hours. Got on the bike and drove directly to a Battery dealer. Can I have a LI-ION battery sir? Yes for 118 euros. 6 min of charge and that is the time need for the hole circle. Install the new one 1,3 kilos total including the special supporters that fit battery to the compartment exactly, even better by leaving extra two cm space for extra cables, I can say.
Next drove to Sounio (110kms) for a cup of tea (don't drink coffee) and a test. My GOD the BIKE flies , performs better that ever, I'm in bikes heaven. She is even lighter by three kilos from the battery and is less noisy since plastics front behave better. I'm also lighter by more that a 1000 euros but happy for I ride the best bike ever ..........
This msg was corrected.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:48:33 pm by Costas »
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Praise your dealer.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:37:54 am »
Wow! I dread to think what that lot would have cost in UK Costas.

Mine is booked in for the 33,500(?) mile service at North Oxford next month and the bill is £570 to include valve clearance check, MoT test and Loan bike with every concievable fluid being changed, and the price includes a 5% discount for being a vintage model!

My last service was done at 25,000 miles in the very dealer that Costas is praising, in Athens and I can verify that the other Costas is a very thorough chap indeed, really interested in bikes and even more so in the customer.

Brian (who says, if you are ever in Athens, make sure your bike needs a service while you are there  ;D )