Author Topic: Do, do, do you remember. Do, do, do, you recall......  (Read 5641 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Do, do, do you remember. Do, do, do, you recall......
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 06:45:40 pm »
Regret to admin that it sells in great number during summertime in islands around Greece.

So there is a niche market for everything isn't there. Do they wear these things with or without the helmets Costas? And when you have time try and grab a pic or two of someone with it on for us, ta.

Bob
Most of the times without helmets. Will try to get a pic next time, and hope to be able to post it. See I have issues with posting pics, almost never succeeded. Incurable and incapable symptoms of a stubborn mind
Embrace the wind.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 10:23:53 pm »
1) Create a Photobucket account
2) Upload your photo you want to post
3) View the photo you want to upload
4) Click the Info button
5) From the menu that appears, click on the IMG link, (this copies the link)
6) Create your post and 'paste' the link into the correct point in the post
7) Preview your post and the photo will appear as if by magic

Simples!

Brian (the simpleton)

Offline Ross

• View Profile
    • Work website
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: mirror extenders, tank protector, centre stand, larger BM screen, Garmin, BM luggage, rear rack, ... and factory fitted ASC, ESA, quick shifter
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 03:31:29 pm »
Courtesy of Wikipedia

... However, the scabbard tended to slide around a lot when they charged the enemy, meaning that it had to be steadied with the left hand before being drawn.[4] ...

I confess to being a total nerd and once being heavily into Medieval sword fighting (not re-enactment but the martial art ( for example, this group run by a mate of mine in Germany http://artsofmars.com/ ) - I was into an Italian longsword style myself ...). In fact, all types of sword in any scabbard need to be drawn with the left hand on the upper scabbard assuming you are right-handed and not wearing one of those silly back scabbards common in films (movies) in which case you would have a difficult job staying alive unless you drew the sword before starting your charge.

I think that the Sam Brownie belt was probably invented to stop the sword banging about as you ran with a pistol or rifle. A sword only becomes a weapon at distances of about one metre or so.

Perhaps an ex-forces person could comment?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:41:53 pm by Ross »
Happiness is a bike and a tent

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 03:46:11 pm »
A sword only becomes a weapon at distances of about one metre or so.

Perhaps an ex-forces person could comment?

You mean all that throwing swords for miles in the movies isn't real?

Brian (who is ex-forces but didn't have a sword in the RAF cos he was too clever  :o )

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »
Indeed up to a meter and preferably closer.
Personally prefer my Walther P88, now my weapon is the Smith&Wesson SD9/SD40.
Embrace the wind.