Author Topic: new toy  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: new toy
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 02:41:41 pm »
Congratulations on your new rocket ship Costas.

Could you tour with the S or is it  an out and out scratcher? Will be interesting to see how it is for mpg and range.

Your K will get jealous if you leave it in the corner of the garage.  :)

Occasionally I try and nail down a decent solution for touring on the S but it seems rather implausible to get the same quality of hard luggage setup (I like my BMW Sports Panniers) without going Ventura and unsightly bars down the flanks.

"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 03:06:49 pm »
Very nice set up that Costas I am quite envious!

Reckon you can 'tour' on most anything if you put your mind to it. Depends I suppose on what your level of comfort is.
Bumped into a chappie once who did most of Africa (north and south) on a Honda C90. Asked him if it would have been better on a more suitable 'touring' bike like a big Bee Em. His reply was that no matter where you are in the world and you are on a C90 and summat goes wrong there is always a roadside mechanic that can do you a repair..........and failing that he said that you can just pick it up and walk! Not my idea of 'touring' but everyone to their own otherwise we'd be sad old boring farts wouldn't we!

Bob

Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »
Reading that last one many pioneers came to mind. All those fellows who dare to ride any piece of bike they have jump in it and tour around the world, no matter what the situation is and without caring for about who and what they would meet.
I salute them. :P

Love for the two wheels has nothing to do with the bike we ride but how the heart feels. I do not see any other explanation. :D
As for my lack to have without knowing for how long two beautiful state of the art bikes express only the love for two wheels and the trust in that brand my way. Simultaneously wish had the means to complete the set with a DUCATI an AGUSTA and a BUELL. So it seems that I express me self differently. :)
Embrace the wind.