Author Topic: Bike... Wait I Mean Car Three  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Bike... Wait I Mean Car Three
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:00:02 pm »
Yeah it's not a bike but nerr it's still a bmw!

My first car was a 1997 306 1.6GLX, back in 2003'ish to get me to my industrial placement job. It cost lots in stuff breaking and mis-fired to the extend it would slowly come to a halt in the rain. I got rid of it shortly after starting work in 2007.

The next car was a Mk1 Octavia vRS. Being 180hp and so double the hp of the Peugeot it was quite nice. But it was also still quite a basic car and we all know the MkIV Golf platform was a bit pap. I kept this through bike number 1, 2 and 3. Finally as it had sat on the drive with a dead battery for a year or so I sold it for 500 quid'ish to some chap who fancied 'doing it up' or something. That was 2014 I reckon.

Anyway I recently decided to get something for the winter, as the M4 in the icey and dark is much more effort to make progress in. Also with my bike breaking again I got to see the difference in commute time in a car. Not that much (for whatever reason!).

So I went and saw a 2007 e92 330i the other day and it was pants. Then I saw an e46 325i sport near work, 54k on it, automatic and looking nice. Gave the chap a call and... well anyway, as my nan and grandad's toilet door sign said, 'here it is':

"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Bike... Wait I Mean Car Three
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 09:52:58 pm »
I hope that is not in 'Doom White'!