Author Topic: Motorrad roll top bag wanted  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic slip on can. MRA screen. Standard BMW sport panniers, SW Motech rear rack, Krauser k5 top box, 55 profile rear tyre, Carbon Fibre rear hugger, Power commander 5
Motorrad roll top bag wanted
« on: May 23, 2018, 09:53:03 pm »
Motorrad 50 ltr roll top bag wanted, posted to Plymouth please. Let me know what you have. Silver or blue, as either would match my bike. Must be in vet good condition without any leaks.

Cheers in advance
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:27:59 am by Devon 1200s »
k1200s. 08 plate. Located in Devon.

Offline Bian2512

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Motorrad roll top bag wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 01:20:15 am »
Hi
Currently on ebay, there is a Motorrad roll top bag and panniers. My suggestion to you is, im after some panniers, so what do you say about purchasing the bundle, then i buy the panniers off you?
Thearetically everyones a winner
Regards
Bian

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic slip on can. MRA screen. Standard BMW sport panniers, SW Motech rear rack, Krauser k5 top box, 55 profile rear tyre, Carbon Fibre rear hugger, Power commander 5
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:34:43 am »
I’ve been looking and can’t find it. What I did find was a set of panniers with the internal roll top waterproof bags.
If you send me a link, I’ll check to see if it’s what I want, and then we can either ask the seller to split the items or, as you want the more expensive cases, you buy the setup and I’ll have the bag from from you.

Offline Bian2512

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:21:46 am »
Here’s the link
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132629877694
I’ve never tried cutting and pasting a link before, hope it works
Bian

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:06:09 am »
It works  ;)

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:59:47 am »
Here’s the link
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132629877694
I’ve never tried cutting and pasting a link before, hope it works
Bian

That’s not the bag that I’m looking for.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 02:18:47 pm »
Why not post up a piccie of the bag you are looking for...

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 07:20:19 pm »
Why not post up a piccie of the bag you are looking for...

I’m away from home right now so limited to my phone for access to the site. This is what I’m looking for ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Motorcycles-Luggage-Roll-Duffel/dp/B003OX49GQ

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »
Does it have tobe the BM version.

I use a Touratech 55 litre dayglo yellow solid poly-something-or-other plastic version ( ::) ) which a) will hold a Vespa scooter and its spotty oik rider and te rest of his swarm and b) is visible from the moon (including all of the ones around Jupiter and Saturn). Smaller versions are available if you don't take scooter clubs on tour with you.

There are many, many cheap and very serviceable roll bags out there without the need to go searching for a rare and expensive BM version. Other opinions are available  8)

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 06:59:51 am »
Does it have tobe the BM version.

I use a Touratech 55 litre dayglo yellow solid poly-something-or-other plastic version ( ::) ) which a) will hold a Vespa scooter and its spotty oik rider and te rest of his swarm and b) is visible from the moon (including all of the ones around Jupiter and Saturn). Smaller versions are available if you don't take scooter clubs on tour with you.

There are many, many cheap and very serviceable roll bags out there without the need to go searching for a rare and expensive BM version. Other opinions are available  8)

I never even gave touratech a thought to be honest. Have always associated that brand with the GS/adventure type. I’ll pop over and have a look.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 11:58:59 am »
The GS brigade are what the roll tops were designed for, after canoeists, yatchsfolk, polar explorers etc. etc. and I bought mine when I had an 1150.

Also, having used the BM inner waterproof bags in the Sports Cases I am well underwhelmed. They are stiff and 'orrid and take up more room than the stuff you are packing, good build quality, just a tad over-engineered.

I use some Mane Event inners which aren't waterproof but are light and sturdy and easier to carry into a hotel than the cases. Wunderlich do some lovely stuff sacks which are totally waterprrof and easier to compress than bin liners, although I always have a couple of those on board somewhere when on tour.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 12:10:22 pm »
Also, having used the BM inner waterproof bags in the Sports Cases I am well underwhelmed. They are stiff and 'orrid and take up more room than the stuff you are packing, good build quality, just a tad over-engineered.

I use some Mane Event inners which aren't waterproof but are light and sturdy and easier to carry into a hotel than the cases. Wunderlich do some lovely stuff sacks which are totally waterprrof and easier to compress than bin liners, although I always have a couple of those on board somewhere when on tour.

I agree completely about the BMW pannier liners. They take up way too much room and really don't help with packing. ( i have two little used sets sat in my shed.)

The linings I've used with most success are simple rubble sacks. As pannier liners they're light and easy to push into corners and are pretty strong. They stop any water that manages to get past the pannier seals from getting to your luggage and, best of all, their really cheap.  :D
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline bob

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200gt
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus Exhaust
Plans are only ever a statement of intent and are intended to be changed, live your life by a compass, not a clock.

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 07:36:35 am »
Thank you chaps, I am now all sorted. Decided to go with my battered ski hold-all with a bergan liner.

And as for the pannier liners, I also know what you mean. I’m trying a different method for this next trip. Going to lay out what I want to wear by the day, and individually wrap “by the day” in thick rubble sacks and label mom-sun, and they pack the panniers accordingly with Sunday at the bottom.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 10:35:12 am »
You take more than one set of clothes? Posh  ;D