Author Topic: Halford Bridge - Compton Abbas Airfield 30th June 2018  (Read 1495 times)

Andym535

Halford Bridge - Compton Abbas Airfield 30th June 2018
« on: July 01, 2018, 09:49:44 am »
https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/2259082/Halford-Compton-Abbas

We didn't get all the way to the coast as originally planned, as coming into Tidworth we joined a queue of traffic that didn't look like it was going anywhere very quickly. The planned route was A338 - A303 - A350, but we turned round and instead took a very entertaining sort of zig-zag route, heading first towards Devizes, then back towards Salisbury, then Warminster joining the A350 further north.

I've imported a GPX of our trip from my SatNav into OS Maps and shared the link above. Is there a better or preferred way to share them?

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Halford Bridge - Compton Abbas Airfield 30th June 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 11:49:59 am »
If you only need to show the route that's fine. If you actually want to share the .gpx file that's a whole different story.  8)

If you actually want to share the file, take a look at the latest Wrinklies trip, post number one where I put links to the routes.
It'll give you an idea of how it's done.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Halford Bridge - Compton Abbas Airfield 30th June 2018
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:20:42 pm »
Excellent ride, Andy!

Thanks very much for arranging it.
I'll leave you to describe the ins and outs, but here are a few photos - from the hill just north of Compton Abbas airfield, and the airfield itself:

Picnic, anybody?

Andy & his bike:

Biggles flies undone:

Best seat in the house: