Author Topic: Nice weekend away.  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Nice weekend away.
« on: May 07, 2018, 03:27:12 pm »
Lovely weekend away, left on Friday with hubby on his Tedium and friend with wife on Ducati Fuglystrada, headed across country via a convoluted route to avoid traffic being a bank holiday weekend here. Stopped for an al fresco lunch in Lismore  and onto Youghal and stayed in Dungarvan in the SE . Nice place with a good buzz and great restaurants and interesting pubs.
Next morning down to Midleton and a quick stop at the Jameson Distillery. ;D On to Baltimore in west Cork for lunch and up to Killarney where we stayed at the magnificent Lake Hotel, really old school in the best sense and run by the same family since 1910.Weather dry throughout albeit not all that hot, still no complaints. Bike behaved  impeccably  8)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:32:40 pm by Eyore »
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline TurboBevy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S 30TH ANNI
Re: Nice weekend away.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 05:56:19 pm »
Nice weekend by the looks, well done those people. We must do Eire at some point. I was also under the impression that no-one drinks Jameson down there as that's for 'export'?

Prefer Bunnahabhain myself.  ;)
In the name of God, please let me die in peace! Voltaire...

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:05:39 pm »
Jameson is the biggest selling Irish brand whiskey and is widely drunk here as well as being mainly exported as you correctly say, however they make some other superb single malts like Redbreast, Green Spot, Yellow Spot, Middleton Very Rare, and the Paddy range of single malts.
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:42:25 pm »
I'll drink to that...but with Gin, it's wayyyyy too hot for Scotch or Irish

Offline S BMW

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s anniversary model
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 11:02:23 pm »
Should left me know you were over in my neck of the woods could have join you for a bit, Jameson is an originally Irish distillers now owned by Pernod Richard very excellent range of Irish Whiskey none peat to really get the full flavors from whiskey cut it with still water and you get the full flavor and aromas from it and really opens up the flavor may not suit some . Also an excellent single malt peat flavor whiskey is Bushmills from Antrim 👍🏼 Glad you enjoyed your trip some Greta scenery

gibbo

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 08:50:15 am »
Nice piccies Kim and not a wheelie bin in sight.  :)