Author Topic: Silverstone Moto GP Tickets  (Read 2456 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Silverstone Moto GP Tickets
« on: July 19, 2023, 04:50:34 pm »
Any of you guys bought such for the GP in a week or so’s time ?

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Silverstone Moto GP Tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 11:09:00 am »
Nah. I'm lacking enthusiasm this year, possibly due to it being a Ducati that will win. No problem with that, but it just feels a little more predictable than previous years.

In the standings 6 of the top 10 are Dukes with the first non-Duke is Binder in 4th. He's already 80 points behind and we're not even halfway through the season.

I need a few more acts of random winning to make me part with £95. However, I will still watch it. Just in case.  ;D

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 01:35:37 pm »
No.

Was told to keep the weekend free, not what I was expecting - my Wife has bought me tickets for "Tina" up London for my Birthday present   :o

Offline farmer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1200rs, k1300s
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 02:19:13 pm »
could be a bit of bad news for you if it's the tina i'm thinking of...

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 02:22:01 pm »

I didn't think she was up and about again after, you know, what happened. With the goats.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 03:54:36 pm »

Ho ho ho!

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2023, 05:38:43 pm »
I was assuming from the little response that either folks who went last year haven’t bothered this cuz the price has gone through the roof,well in actual fact the cost for Friday has doubled,never mind who’s winning,and then on top of that they want to charge for parking.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2023, 08:12:33 pm »
I was assuming from the little response that either folks who went last year haven’t bothered this cuz the price has gone through the roof,well in actual fact the cost for Friday has doubled,never mind who’s winning,and then on top of that they want to charge for parking.

It's the usual sting for cars (£10 last time I looked - now £15), but motorbikes are free. Push bikes are free of course, which what I'd normally go on, just to avoid the crush and the long long walk around the circuit.

Friday with the Sprint Race would be a quick hit of fun but, as you hint, £55 really is taking the mickey.
You get a whole BSB weekend ticket for that, and still have enough spare for a couple of pints. It's not a GP but it's defo entertaining.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 09:21:54 am »
With our regular bike meet of a Wednesday at Hoar Park just outside of Coleshill(which gets very busy)and a run down to Wellesbourne airfield yesterday god knows what the average biker age in the UK is and both my other half and myself are one of them,and we can stand the ‘Squeeze’ and having had a fair amount to do with the bike racing game over the years know how the mechanics of it work(financial),but their treading a fine line in my book and this year could be interesting.

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 03:07:46 pm »
I went to Portimao at the start of the year for MotoGP - £180 for the ticket in the main Grandstand for the weekend. I know it's not apples with apples, but for WSB for the same seat is £75 including weekend Paddock access.

And they are wondering why MotoGP numbers are dwindling  :-\

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2023, 03:48:35 pm »
I've watched a good few races at Silverstone and elsewhere and have come to the conclusion the only motor racing that's better live than on TV is drag racing. You can see the whole race, rather than bits of it each lap. Must admit, the trackside atmosphere, noise and experience is not great on TV.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2023, 07:10:52 pm »
I've watched a good few races at Silverstone and elsewhere and have come to the conclusion the only motor racing that's better live than on TV is drag racing. You can see the whole race, rather than bits of it each lap. Must admit, the trackside atmosphere, noise and experience is not great on TV.

Yep I came to this conclusion for me too. Until I'm finding excuses to stay away from my wife because I've grown to resent her for the time she stopped me going to climb Everest I'd rather watch it from home. Although when Susie Quattro retires or they up the sodding subscription much more things might change.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2023, 10:38:51 pm »
You get a whole BSB weekend ticket for that, and still have enough spare for a couple of pints. It's not a GP but it's defo entertaining.

Ha, this weekend at Brands BSB, you can combine the two - only for 15 minutes admittedly:

Sat
> 12.10 – 12.25 500cc Grand Prix demonstration
Sun
> 12.55 – 13.10 500cc Grand Prix demonstration

Not only will that sound great, but it will smell great too. I miss two-strokes, filthy things that they were.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 10:42:05 pm by richtea »

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2023, 07:12:04 am »
Our days of ‘Having to go’ are gone…it’s a great story but sure as hell it for the net,so only want to go on Friday will iron the sofa sat/sunday.

On another subject,had a mail turn up saying Brad Binders RC16 is at Redline motorcycles Monday afternoon/evening….so that’s that sorted 😄

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2023, 10:00:04 am »
Yeah, I saw that. Quite a scoop, but a little too far for me on a School Night  :-[

KTM far been fantastic in GPs this year, and lots of rumours that LCR are going to become a KTM next year, making six bikes (which I think Dorna will block).