Author Topic: Motolegends  (Read 3896 times)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Motolegends
« on: September 11, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »
After such a great day here I thought I'd bop up a thread about it.

I've been looking for new textiles for a while and finally, after deciding on Halvarssons, got my arse in gear and decided to try the, on at Motolegends place.  Their website looked decent and I'm sure someone somewhere mentioned sometime to someone.

Anyway yeah they're in Guildford I think, and the satnav got me there easy.  Buzz the buzzer and am welcomed with a smile and the offer of a hot drink.  Shortly thereafter I've a nice coffee with a motorcycle shaped shortbread.  Nom.

Anyway, that was about midday and basically I'm smaller than the average biker so we did a lot of trying on, changing bits etc etc until getting to a happy result. The guy there, Chris, was amazingly friendly, knowledgable and helpful.  It's the kind of service I always want but never find.  Hospitality is something that most hotels seem to screw up, yet here it was pretty much perfect.

Ended the day with also trying on some fantastic jeans that I'll probably end up buying next weekend, and also agreeing to hopefully some adjustments to the most awesome leather jacket ever :D.  Which I'll then also pick up soon.

So yeah, great experience, friendly and also I want a Guzzi V7 now as I heard one with a stubby exhaust that sounded hilarious just standing there.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline scootinstevey

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 07 K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus can, R&G protectors, baglux cover, bar risers, booster plug
Re: Motolegends
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:07:45 pm »
With you on the V7.   I've had a few Guzzis and the V7 is so underrated.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:29:47 am »
I'll second the
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:57:24 am by OxMan »
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:43:33 pm »
Rokker that's the one!  He refused to let me buy them but suggested I try them on after I'd told him of my dream of nice jeans and nice brown leather jacket hehe.

They're so light and fitted!  I've a feeling next weekend is going to be just as spendy as this one!

I've spent most of today ogling Guzzi V7s.  Stornello or Racer is where I'm at.  And trying to justify owning two bikes and having them live outside (under a bike cover obviously).  I'm trying not to do an insurance quote as I expect it to be awfully reasonable!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »
Sounds like a mid-life crisis coming on to me matey  8) i mean, Brown  :o

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 07:55:30 am »
That reminds me Matt : they held the Rokkers til last with me as well : didn't stop me getting a pair of their black chinos and a pair of Revolution.

We also ordered a D3O protector for my wife's jacket- because it would be a while to come in they lent us one from the shop to keep us safe until it came.

The old Bimmer in the middle of the shop floor is fun- but also is good to clamber aboard to check fittings etc.

Purrfick.
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 06:42:16 pm »
Hah!  And damn chinos eh.  More choice for work.. No shut up!

Yeah the bike is useful!  I had to use the pillion pegs to get the k13s get though :D

D3O that's it.  Think that we put that in my Halvarssons but we also having it in the leather jacket as the built in one make it look like your back has tumours.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 08:04:13 am »
The bells... The bells...  ;)

Offline sparky4137

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 05:42:06 pm »
I have to agree that this retailer is great.

Very good customer service, and nice tea and biscuits ;-)