Author Topic: VAT & Import duties from Europe?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: VAT & Import duties from Europe?
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2021, 03:33:42 pm »

I'm not saying anyone will change anything,  only that the EU, EC, EEC has NEVER passed a financial audit! We know organisations are not corrupt because they get audited.  If a company failed half as many audits as the EU has it would be in court on all sorts of charges. If that company was receiving public money there would be a huge public outcry and demands for resignations. Why is it OK for the EU to be different?

I noticed no one answered my previous question.

Which court, exactly, would the EU end up in David?

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2021, 08:16:28 am »

I'm not saying anyone will change anything,  only that the EU, EC, EEC has NEVER passed a financial audit! We know organisations are not corrupt because they get audited.  If a company failed half as many audits as the EU has it would be in court on all sorts of charges. If that company was receiving public money there would be a huge public outcry and demands for resignations. Why is it OK for the EU to be different?

The European Court. The EU constitution recognises the European Court as having jurisdiction.

But my question was around why so many poeple are happy to carrying on handing over £bn/€bn of taxpayers money (and I'm not just talking about the UK) to an organisation that has never past an audit?

Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2021, 09:09:19 am »
But my question was around why so many poeple are happy to carrying on handing over £bn/€bn of taxpayers money (and I'm not just talking about the UK) to an organisation that has never past an audit?

So that if Von der Leyen would refurbish her living room, everyone could see exactly how much was payed by whom for exactly what type of wallpaper.  ::)
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2021, 01:38:06 pm »

So that if Von der Leyen would refurbish her living room, everyone could see exactly how much was payed by whom for exactly what type of wallpaper.  ::)

But that misses the point entirely. All European governments and government departments have to pass audits. Some fail and ministers get sacked/departments get closed. That's how we know there's corruption/crap management. Even Boris's curtains will be subject to an investigation, yet the EU/EC/EEC has NEVER passed an audit and no one seems to care!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1250GS Exclusive TE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: This. And that.
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2021, 02:11:41 pm »
I reckon many people care, but they've been driven into believing nothing can be changed. Be it corruption here, sponsored wars, murders, apartheid, wars that definitely are "not in my name" but go ahead any way :P.

I mean it's probably fair to say nobody thinks billionaires should be running a country. But they are. What shall we do about it? They'll privatize the NHS even more. What shall we do about it?

Disenfranchisement. Maybe that's why when given an outlet, be it a vote to leave the EU, or an opportunity to blockade a small island, people jump at it.

I'm planning on buying a small island and building an underground city.
"My riding is far from perfect"
Brian c. 2019

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2021, 02:12:40 pm »

The European Court. The EU constitution recognises the European Court as having jurisdiction.

Precisely! And it is the 'European' bit in the court's name that gives the game away. Now if there were a 'World Court'...