Author Topic: Happy Christmas everyone...  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Happy Christmas everyone...
« on: May 17, 2021, 06:55:00 pm »
Loved one to stay yesterday but not allowed to go to bed till after midnight, so had supper in the loo, which is allowed...

Gammon for supper last night (Christmas eve), prezzies this morning with champers and all the usual nonsense.

The Turkey is in (having only taken 3 days to thaw out) and supper with all the trimmings is in about an hour.

You are all welcome, unless you managed to 'do' Christmas back in December, in which case, don't be greedy.

Looking forward to all the bargains in the Boxing Day sales tomorrow and hoping to see you all in the New Year (which starts next week, obviously). A rather belated Merry Brian

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: Happy Christmas everyone...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 10:31:17 pm »
I'll be passing tomorrow as it happens...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 11:08:33 pm »
I'm sure Brian will accept presents on Boxing Day too.

Offline farmer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1200rs, k1300s
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 01:22:27 pm »
season's greetings, seems to come round quicker and quicker every year.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 03:37:37 pm »
And visitors. But didn't see you today but we were out early afternoon.

Call in for a couple of cold pig's in blankets and slice of cold turkey on your way back if you fancy it...

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 12:15:28 am »
Unfortunately due to the negative gains in air pressure in the rubber enclosure, high end research into void sealing caused a project overrun in the transit time schedule, leading to the development of a new diversion to a high speed route  in order to avoid an exclusion from the evening pilot refuelling exercise. This  was successfully achieved but with some slight collateral damage to the proposed Herefordshire bovine sleep enclosure testing plan  that had been anticipated to take place during the expedition. However it was determined with some certainty that an Esso sausage inna bun is an inferior product.  Our partner's strong suggestion of rubber product replacement as previously advised will be given due consideration following its repeated high volume  reiteration  and yes you did bloody tell me to buy a new one.  Ahem. It is hoped that this can be rectified during a reverse trial planned for Thursday should the damn  feckin tyre stay plugged. Happy grinchmas people

Offline farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 10:33:25 am »
your argument really falls apart when you base it much too strongly on the fabled bovine sheep of legend, it's just a pipe dream man...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 12:20:00 pm »
Unfortunately due to the negative gains in air pressure in the rubber enclosure, high end research into void sealing caused a project overrun in the transit time schedule, leading to the development of a new diversion to a high speed route  in order to avoid an exclusion from the evening pilot refuelling exercise. This  was successfully achieved but with some slight collateral damage to the proposed Herefordshire bovine sleep enclosure testing plan  that had been anticipated to take place during the expedition. However it was determined with some certainty that an Esso sausage inna bun is an inferior product.  Our partner's strong suggestion of rubber product replacement as previously advised will be given due consideration following its repeated high volume  reiteration  and yes you did bloody tell me to buy a new one.  Ahem. It is hoped that this can be rectified during a reverse trial planned for Thursday should the damn  feckin tyre stay plugged. Happy grinchmas people

Brilliant. That took me right back to my corporate days of wading through idiotic project plans to see that they actually said nothing about what was to be done to achieve what by when and by whom.

Cost of course, never came in to it... :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 12:22:11 pm »
your argument really falls apart when you base it much too strongly on the fabled bovine sheep of legend, it's just a pipe dream man...

I think you'll find it was a bovine 'sleep' enclosure test...I live in a converted barn.

The bovine sheep was probably an Irish leprechaun tale gone wrong...

Offline farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 02:00:19 pm »
ohhh... pity as i now want a bovine sheep.
on the other hand it all makes sense now.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 05:16:10 pm »
I find that cross breeding Herefordshire sheep with laphraoig makes perfect bacon, or was that cross drinking laphraoig makes sense of everything, I forget, I was probably drunk at the time. Anyway I've bought some more tyre sealant just in case I need to write a other report

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 05:26:49 pm »
Which tyre sealant have you gone for Martin?

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 06:36:49 pm »
Well I tried Goop but that didnt fix it. So i tried the rubber string insert but couldnt push it in far enough, so i tried Slime which didnt fix it so i tried Shell aerosol tyre sealant which did. I now have a tin of Holts aerosol sealant just in case. The latter 2 were specially and carefully selected as being the only option in the nearest garage at the time. Having said that the Shell stuff has worked for me before. (So has Goop but i blame Gwyneth Paltrow for failure this time....). I also have the bmw kit in my bag but haven't read all the instructions yet. Maybe I should write a book

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 06:52:06 pm »
I've tried Slime and Ride-On and have for the past several years have used Puncturesafe. I haven't had a puncture for over 10 years and around 70 to 100 thousand miles. I must just be lucky  ???

Offline armstrongracer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s, KTM 950sm, some racing stinkwheels.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 11:17:50 am »
Well I tried Goop but that didnt fix it. So i tried the rubber string insert but couldnt push it in far enough, so i tried Slime which didnt fix it so i tried Shell aerosol tyre sealant which did. I now have a tin of Holts aerosol sealant just in case. The latter 2 were specially and carefully selected as being the only option in the nearest garage at the time. Having said that the Shell stuff has worked for me before. (So has Goop but i blame Gwyneth Paltrow for failure this time....). I also have the bmw kit in my bag but haven't read all the instructions yet. Maybe I should write a book

Hopefully Goop isn't as dangerous as the candles. Bye bye bike..

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/may/19/gwyneth-paltrows-goop-sued-vagina-scented-candle