Author Topic: Chigee, Carpuride etc.  (Read 794 times)

Matt, Forcefield and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Forcefield

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300s Sport
Re: Chigee, Carpuride etc.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2024, 08:07:17 pm »
Hi Glynn,

Sorry just seeing this, been having a busy month with work and moving house!!

Congrats on getting the unit! I don't think you will be disappointed. Ive been loving it and is a great addition to the bike.

So the Unit needs to be connected to the bikes battery, then an extra switch cable connects to the bikes sat nav connector using an adapter.

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/wiring-repair-kit-ela13585-1.html

The manual says the switch cable draws 10-14v.

I have the wireless remote, but to be honest Ive not really used it as the screen is so responsive.

I built a custom mount for my bike, as having it on the battery cover would be useless and I wasnt happy with having it on the bars.  I'm already seeing how it can be improved into a better position and once settled into my new place will be adapting it.

I've finally got round to editing my 1st video about buying the big K and installing the Chigee if anyones interested

https://youtu.be/Sk3nJLVVkzU

While talking to tech support, I also asked them for a discount code for the forum and to put into the series etc which they happily gave me.

https://www.chigee.com/RT-POV

Use code RT-POV for 20% discount!

Its been such a blast getting back on 2 wheels and installing the chigee has given me a nice project to get stuck into and a good subject to make a few videos about.

give me a DM if you like and im happy to pass you my number if you have any questions about the install etc. i also had to adapt the front camera to fit a go pro extender as it was too short for the front.

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2024, 09:36:55 pm »
Well the Chigee AIO-5 Lite was delivered today a couple of hours before I received an email offering me 33% off their new AIO-5 Play which is essentially a Lite but without the cameras, a built-in GPS receiver instead of an external wired puck, internal anti-theft vibration alarm, big button (whatever that does) extended warranty and powered by USB ready to ship 22nd May.

List price was $399.99 -33% ($268) plus $10 shipping so a grand total of $278 or £221.92 which seems like a bargain to me!

I’m really tired as had a long day so I’ll reply to your previous post tomorrow when I’ve recovered!

-=Glyn=-

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2024, 04:02:55 pm »

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
« Reply #18 on: Today at 06:52:53 pm »
Well I said would reply the other day when I recovered but I guess I'm still tired. Better late then never though I suppose! :P

@Forcefield Hope the house move went OK?

I was more interested in the current draw than the voltage on that accessory wire. I already have the adaptor but was curious about the current draw of the Chigee (how do you pronounce it - sounds like chiggy/shiggy/chy-gee/shy-gee? ???

I guess as a trigger it won't pull much current as most of it will come through the red cable so I can see what that fuse is rated at and know it will be less than that! I wonder what the current output of the BMW SatNav connector is rated at though?

Would be interested in seeing your mounting solution(s) as that is the one thing I know I will struggle with. It took me a year and half-a-dozen brackets to get the phone mounting solution I was happy with and then Chiggee release the AIO-5 which means I could just keep it in my pocket or more likely in the cubby as I fitted a USB-C socket in there just for charging. Have I mentioned I'm very fussy? ;D

Enjoyed the video...keep 'em coming! :thumbsupgood:

Their website offers 15% off, my mate gave me a 20% off code (that's good news for the 20% Forum discount :thumbsupgood:) but I think I said somewhere else that a couple of hours after I received it they sent me a 33% off code for their soon-to-be-released AIO-5 Play which is due to ship 22nd May. To my address. I'm nothing if not greedy... ::)

Methinks they got their naming convention the wrong way round though. The fully-featured one is called Lite and the one with additional video cameras is called Play. ???

@richtea Thanks for the link. :thumbsupgood: Seemed a positive review like every other I've watched and/or read. General consensus seems to be its a quality, well made unit. Mind you they said that about the CarPlay I bought for the A8 and I ended up removing the damn thing... ::)

I was up your way early hours of Saturday morning taking some photos of the Aurora. If only I could easily post photos here I would send it up... :-[

I finally got round to making my own harnesses and fitting those Schroedie illuminated roundels/emblems and I have to say they're a really nice touch especially when driven by the ezCAN as it allows you to do some tricks and easily disable the white DRL just leaving them as indicators for those strict MOT testers!  8)

After the first ride out I noticed the n/s one had lost its white DRL. A quick tap on the fairing side panel bought it back on but it was flickering. Cursing my harness-making abilities even though I used the proper crimping tool, inspected all joints and also ran solder into them. I removed the panel only to find the red wire from the LED itself had come out of the factory-fitted crimp pin! >:(

I notified Motorworks and told them I would have a go at repairing it but they contacted the supplier who agreed to send out a new one along with the connector. All credit to Tilly at Motorworks she said she would remove the parts from a stock unit and ship it to me that same day which indeed was exactly what happened.

Great customer service from Motorworks so I will be using them again. :thumbsup:

All I need to do now is ride it in the dark to see what dimming level I need to adjust the night setback to as apparently they are bright at night and can be distracting while riding. Even though I don't get direct line of sight because they are blocked by their mouinting position and fairing panels I don't want to be scaring wildlife in the bushes as I ride past! :D

I'll probably start with them at 50% and see how that goes but it seems like I'll have my own puddle lights into the bargain! I might even set them to strobe when the horn button is pressed for a little more visibllity but we shall see.

I also run the Denali Soundbomb from the ezCAN with a 0.25 second delay so a brief push of the horn goes meep while a longer press goes BWAAAARRPP  :evil:

-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: Today at 06:56:15 pm by GlynH »

Online Forcefield

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300s Sport
« Reply #19 on: Today at 07:44:04 pm »
Hi Glynn,

Still in the middle of the move... been some hold ups... don't ask... lol

I did manage to buy a 2nd bike though at the weekend, just to add to the complications....

Its a 1984 custom chopped Yamaha TR1 bobber. such a cool little thing and such a contrast to the big K.... Couldn't stop laughing while riding it

It needs a few things doing to it, but I need a little project to focus on or else I go insane.

As for the chigee current draw, I cant help Im afraid.

Ive just uploaded another video today which is all about the mount. Im think im definatley in the right direction in terms of position, but Im going to adapt it once I get settled, as its just a little bit too high. I can see everything i need to on the original dash, apart from anything between 0-50mph. Its not been an issue as the unit displays speed also and tbh its much easier to read than the dials. But I will lower it for a more integrated look.

Also having both the speed and the rear view camera displayed on the same screen has been an absolute game changer for me. and having complete view of whats behind me at just a glance of the eyes is very reassuring.  Im sure all manufacturers will make this a standard feature in years to come.

You can see the video here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSIdVnxvnns

Im very interested in your sound bomb tactics.. Ive been looking at those this week... any links/guides etc?
Also interested in the illuminated emblems. Although I was tempted to spray them with black plastdip for the 'stealth' look