Author Topic: Photobucket warning  (Read 2252 times)

gibbo

Photobucket warning
« on: June 29, 2017, 09:47:01 am »
Is there any truth in the rumour that Photobucket are starting to charge a big annual fee to upload piccies and then download to a third party e.g. EuroKClub.  :-[

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Photobucket warning
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:50:23 am »
Where did this information come from?
Photobucket has got slow lately, maybe it's a preamble to charging. Imgbb is an alternative see my thread.
http://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=2500.0
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:57:06 am by raesewell »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Photobucket warning
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 01:54:13 pm »
That would be one way of losing a whole bunch of customers in double quick time.

Of course, as an IT wiz of the first order (NOT!) and one who learned the really hard way what it really costs to not do adequate backup, I only use Photobucket to 'host' the piccies I post in here. None of them exist ONLY in deep space, most of them still being on my mobile media and all of them being stored on my own cloud server (a WD MyCloud). This server is in turn backed up to two remote portable discs, one kept in my car in case the house burns down and the other kept in the house in case the car is stolen. If the house is stolen and the car burns down simultaneously then I figure I have bigger problems than data loss.

Brian (who says you have all been warned, so don't come crying to him if you lose your favourite piccie of your favourite bike/girl/guy/horse/balloon etc.)