Author Topic: Ontario, Canada BMW Dealership  (Read 2575 times)

Offline nealchaykin

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2012 K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Heed crash bars, Givi top case, classic windscreen with Laminar Lip, gel seat, carbon everywhere
Ontario, Canada BMW Dealership
« on: February 24, 2022, 03:18:41 pm »
Not sure if this will help, since this is a EuroKClub, but you may have some Canadian members. This is regarding my experience with Ottawa Goodtime Centre in Ontario.

I brought my K1300R 2009 in to have the clutch bled. When I returned about a week later (2 hour drive with a trailer) to pick it up, they said it was ready and they would bring it up from storage which I guess is in the basement. I waited and waited until the service manager came out to talk with me. He said the bike was crashed bringing it up from the basement. They couldn't 100% find the reason why it crashed even though their mechanic test rode it after bleeding the clutch. They offered to fix it for free but it would take over a month to do so or take a payout that I would lose money on. A month was half the summer of riding so I eventually took the payout when I found a good 2012 K1300R. They cut me a cheque and I asked one of the managers if I was going to get a discount or something for wrecking my bike. He said he would pass along the message. Long story short, I never heard back from them, no apology, nothing. I will never deal with them again and Budd's Motorrad in Toronto now gets all my business. Their mechanic John is awesome and super helpful over the phone!
Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Ontario, Canada BMW Dealership
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 05:17:45 pm »
Thanks for posting this up. What shit treatment from a BMW dealer and I thought I had heard some bad stuff here in Europe. I think I would have been having words with my solicitor while they were prevaricating.

We used to have a guy in Canada with a K1200S, his username was Deeks and he was an awesome member on the original EuroKClub. It was him who helped me to crack my dreaded sticking throttles problem which is how I first came to the forum back in 2012. He disappeared when the old forum was shut down with no notice and we never managed to find him after it was resurrected.

Offline nealchaykin

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2012 K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Heed crash bars, Givi top case, classic windscreen with Laminar Lip, gel seat, carbon everywhere
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 11:43:32 pm »
They covered their behinds by offering to fix it. I think the no admittance of guilt thing was lawyer based. I'll keep my ears out for Deeks. :)
Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 12:13:41 pm »
An ordeal indeed. Thanks for posting
Embrace the wind.