Author Topic: Silverstone Moto GP Tickets  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
Re: Silverstone Moto GP Tickets
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2023, 11:15:06 pm »
Will Marc Marquez stay next year as contracted? Rumour has it he's on his way but I'm not so sure.

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2023, 11:26:10 am »
Will Marc Marquez stay next year as contracted? Rumour has it he's on his way but I'm not so sure.

Being a Rossi Fanboy I have had a strong dislike for MM since 2015, but to see that interview of him on the grid was quite shocking and actually made me feel a little sad that the man was so mentally broken.

If Honda Corporation are no longer serious about motorcycle racing then he needs to jump - KTM or Aprilia will love him.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2023, 04:08:39 pm »
Yea I was a little taken aback the way he spoke during the interview, about as non MM as I have ever heard,the problem now being with the Suzuka result Honda’s reaction will be more than interesting.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2023, 05:18:29 pm »

Here are the parameters
1. How rich is he?
2. How much does he lose by breaking the contract?
3. How much does he want it?
4. How many years left to race?

I think 1 almost certainly trumps 2, and if he were to jump he would still be earning a fortune at the next seat. I also see no evidence that money motivates him.
On 3, I reckon there's still fire in the belly, but it's being suppressed by having to ride 'carefully'. That Honda is slightly evil.
And 4, at least 5 years, plenty to have a transitional year and still win races in the next 4.

So on those criteria I'd definitely jump. The only thing that would stop me would be loyalty to Honda. But on the other hand, if Honda aren't pulling their weight as a factory, why commit to them. He only has one life, but Honda can employ other riders ad nauseum.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 05:21:15 pm by richtea »

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2023, 05:43:52 pm »
Having had the errr joy if that’s what it could be called of having a connection to a couple WSB guys and another in MotoGP attempting to apply any logic as a mere punter is boarding on the impossible,to the point of when making a social phone call last week had a stammering voice on the end of the phone about to explain the ticket situation and was taken aback when I explained was only going Friday and I’ll pay,caused much amusement so trying to delve into any logic in how these guys think.