Author Topic: Radiator cleaning  (Read 698 times)

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom
Re: Radiator cleaning
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2018, 09:42:54 am »
Rae, I did try to post the pix and when I previewed them they appeared but when i logged back on later the block was on and as you say they want money to share. I'll try another site to see if I can show them.

Best regards   Mick

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2018, 10:07:51 am »
imgbb.com is the site I use and there is a how to in the how to section.
Your originals may show for a while now  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:12:09 am by raesewell »

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 11:18:16 am »
Cheers Rae, I'll sort out how get the sizes down. I'm much more at home in the workshop than on a keyboard.

Best regards   Mick

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2018, 11:40:50 am »
you need the "Full Image (linked)" BBCode which give a reasonable size image

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2018, 11:58:23 am »
Cheers..

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2018, 12:22:00 pm »
Photobucket didn't fail, they got greedy.
Don't know why he changed the post photos were showing fine yesterday.

I am not sure I trust any of them to not get greedy. I don't understand why anyone would run a picture hosting site without making money from it at some point.

Even Yahoo Groups, on which I belong to a number of groups, is failing in the support environment and has ceased development entirely leaving groups like this one with no ongoing support and the service is dreadful.

Groups.io seems to be the place the Yahoo deserters are heading but that is a one-man band set up by the guy who originally created Groups(?) which he subsequently sold to Yahooto make his investment money back. This is the internet of things and people as it moves from novelty idea to normality.

I would expect Imgggbbbngggbbb to go the same way as BotoPhuckem in time.

Cynical, moi?

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2018, 12:41:28 pm »
I suppose it will come Brian, but until then let's make use of it.
I suspect that Google will do something similar with Google maps before long. I had an email from them the other day telling me that based on my usage it would cost me about £200 per annum. I think they got me confused with a developer.  :-\

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2018, 01:40:24 pm »
Well, they will have competition for your money from Apple; an Apple Maps camera van spotted cruising the back streets of downtown Swindon last week so they are obviously doing a iStreetView thingy.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: HID headlights and a hugger.
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:26 pm »
Photobucket didn't fail, they got greedy.
Don't know why he changed the post photos were showing fine yesterday.

I am not sure I trust any of them to not get greedy. I don't understand why anyone would run a picture hosting site without making money from it at some point.

Even Yahoo Groups, on which I belong to a number of groups, is failing in the support environment and has ceased development entirely leaving groups like this one with no ongoing support and the service is dreadful.

Groups.io seems to be the place the Yahoo deserters are heading but that is a one-man band set up by the guy who originally created Groups(?) which he subsequently sold to Yahooto make his investment money back. This is the internet of things and people as it moves from novelty idea to normality.

I would expect Imgggbbbngggbbb to go the same way as BotoPhuckem in time.

Cynical, moi?

I don't think it's "greedy" and I don't think you're cynical. The fact is that providing a service costs money and someone has to pay for it. Either

1) A benevolent provider out the goodness of their heart;
2) The users of the service;
3) Advertisers;

Most of us don't like number 3 and number one is not a solid business model. That leaves number 2!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Show you know what you're doing and use your rear brake!

The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2018, 02:32:55 pm »
Well, they will have competition for your money from Apple; an Apple Maps camera van spotted cruising the back streets of downtown Swindon last week so they are obviously doing a iStreetView thingy.

Can't wait for live dash cam footage being stitched together by (Google-owned) Waze, so we can all get a live feed of the road ahead, but 5 miles distant. Really, it won't be long. I'd give it about 5 years - tops.

I may be 100% techie, but the luddite in me is rising up inside. Its possibly revolting...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2018, 02:49:11 pm »

I don't think it's "greedy" and I don't think you're cynical. The fact is that providing a service costs money and someone has to pay for it. Either

3) Advertisers;

Most of us don't like number 3 and number one is not a solid business model. That leaves number 2!

Agreed on the 'greedy' angle - as an app developer, getting someone to pay for a digital service (something that can't be touched, so of course it should be free!) is like getting blood from a stone. Hence we occasionally fall back on adverts in our apps. Not many of our apps, but it's that or go bust. And its customers that drive us there, believe me - we dislike ads as much as the next person!

Re. imgbb.com:  the interesting bit is that it doesn't fit into any of those 3 categories.
It has no disclaimer on copyright ownership, no address, no phone number, no backup mechanism, and thus no comeback. Rumour - totally unsubstantiated - is it's Russian. Fake news? That's how it starts.  ;D ;D

I would strongly recommend not posting valuable or personal pictures on it. Photos of your latest hugger are fine, but think twice about why there's no login required, no contact, and no 'proper' Ts & Cs.  :'(

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2018, 02:56:38 pm »
I think the rebellion is more to do with the sneaky way it's done rather than the cost. A bit like drug dealers, give the product for free until they are dependant then make em pay.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2018, 08:53:56 pm »

3) Advertisers;

You missed out the temporarily benevolent developer who does it ad free, for free at point of use and relies on selling it on at some point in the future  8)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2018, 09:59:54 pm »

You missed out the temporarily benevolent developer who does it ad free, for free at point of use and relies on selling it on at some point in the future  8)

"Build it, and they will come."

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Helibars, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, Ilmberger hugger, HID dip
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 11:15:46 am »
Back to the radiator, I cleaned my last one and anticipate this one will get done before long. Last time I got some out, but not enough in my opinion. Other than careful water jet, has any pre-soak or chemical been found to loosen the grot?