Author Topic: Desperately worried.  (Read 9035 times)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
Re: Desperately worried.
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2018, 06:23:19 am »
...and I got mine because... shaft drive... and riding the typical 600cc bikes you get your license on I needed something that felt like it was ‘there’... riding was much more enjoyable as a result and top speed was never a big deal (but the ability to pull in any gear was part of the attraction)...
Oh and that too, had to have shaft drive.. Peed off with all the chain and sprocket malarkey, I prefer to have a final drive that can fall to pieces

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2018, 10:21:44 am »
For me it is also the 'there' bit; I hate being bounced around on smaller bikes, not that I've had a smaller bike since Adam was a lad mind.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2018, 03:44:01 pm »
...the non-diving forks are also a great thing now I think about it... though I guess they’re available on bikes with smaller capacities...
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2018, 04:22:40 pm »
I had an old moped whose forks didn't dive under braking. Mind, they didn't at all... :o

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2018, 06:29:08 pm »
Re fast riding with paniers.
A friend who lives in the IOM knows the bloke, Helmut Dahne, think it was who raced a boxer and wanted to keep the paniers on as the bike was faster due to the better airflow, needles to say race direction said no to his request.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:51 am »
The evil eye is out there , now that you caught it’s attention you’re solemnly responsible for the consequences.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2018, 08:41:14 am »
The evil eye is out there , now that you caught it’s attention you’re solemnly responsible for the consequences.

Indeed Costas, its called tempting fate. ;)
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.