Author Topic: Congratulations to a real hero of our times.  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Congratulations to a real hero of our times.
« on: February 26, 2015, 07:30:59 pm »
Hope yo all allow me as a para and Afgan veteran to extent my congratulation to :
Lance Corporal Josh Leakey awarded VC for valour. The actions of the PARA who singlehandedly prevented considerable loss of life during an assault into a Taliban stronghold in Afghanistan have been recognised with the highest military honour. Read the full story:http://bit.ly/1AN7Ijcpu
Man you made me proud of serving with such men in my military life.
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
Re: Congratulations to a real hero of our times.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 09:18:47 pm »
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:03:26 pm »
Hear, hear! And one of a handful who earned the VC without dying in the process.

Brian (who spent this morning in a court room full of drug dealers, uninsured drivers and thieving scum who wouldn't know the meaning of valour if they saw it in action)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:11:10 pm »
Go on, are you going to tell us that you are a magistrate?   ???
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:23:41 pm »
I do love your sense of humour. They wouldn't have me cos I'd hang em all, especially the speeders!

Brian (who was a witness against a scum-bag neighbour who insisted on driving with no licence, MoT, tax or insurance in three cars that the feds took off him and crushed; should have been him they crushed, the cars didn't do anything wrong)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:31:17 pm »
Did they fine him £90 which he asked to pay at £5 a week? Are you on police protection now?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 11:42:59 pm »
They were still reading out the long list of previous and other offences to be taken into account long after I left. He actually decided to plead guilty but not before I had spent £600 on a full cctv system and another £300 beefing up the security for the bike.

Brian (who thinks that is actually more than the bike is worth)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:46:21 pm »
Best of luck  :'(

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:31:10 am »
Hope yo all allow me as a para and Afgan veteran to extent my congratulation to :
Lance Corporal Josh Leakey awarded VC for valour. The actions of the PARA who singlehandedly prevented considerable loss of life during an assault into a Taliban stronghold in Afghanistan have been recognised with the highest military honour. Read the full story:http://bit.ly/1AN7Ijcpu
Man you made me proud of serving with such men in my military life.

Yep hear, hear! Saw it on the news and was quite moved to a little tear or two when he was given that big hug.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!