Author Topic: ACF50 treatment day at Loomies  (Read 6350 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
ACF50 treatment day at Loomies
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:46:41 pm »
I have decided to give the bike a spring clean before maybe putting it up for sale and having heard so much good stuff about the professional ACF50 treatment, I have booked it in at Loomies on Saturday 23 January. If you don't know where Loomies is you are a) not a biker b) don't live in the south or c) have ever lived; delete as appropriate.

The guy doing the full treatment is Andy Clementson from All Year Biker

Here is the link

http://allyearbiker.co.uk

I could, of course, spend all day outside in the freezing cold(?) with buckets, sponges, brushes, pressure washers, endless cups of tea and coffee and about a squillion detailing products and still not get the same results. So I have decided to spend all day in Loomies (under new management so my lifetime ban has been rescinded  8) ) and let Andy take the strain while I enjoy, and actually drink, endless cups of tea and coffee, bacon sarnies, full English breakfasts and much, much else.

So, if you are an idle sod like me and fancy some super deep-cleaning and corrosion protection, you could book yourself in or even book in your bike.

Brian (or you could just pop downand say 'allo' and buy me a coffee and watch all my accumulated grime being magic'ed away  8) )'

Offline midlife crisis

• View Profile
Re: ACF50 treatment day at Loomies
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 07:46:14 pm »
I have never been to Loomies and don't know where it is but that might be to do with my memory loss or living up norf. However agree that the ACF50 treatment from allyearbiker is excellent.

so what are you going to buy after selling your bike?

Graham

Offline Duc750

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: R&G's all round, Laser end can, Ilmberger Hugger and a big grin
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:54:25 am »
Now, this is interesting - I thought the treatment from all year biker was rubbish. I think if you have two opposing thumbs and know how to clean a bike (and have the time for fairings off etc.) you can do a far better job yourself.
If however you don't then its probbably better than the "local polich car wash" but only just 

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 12:12:29 pm »
I went to watch a group of riders from our club getting their bikes treated by Allyearbiker at the house of one our members.

The first bike that he did was an old GS that looked like it hadn't been cleaned for at least a year and it took him ages especially cleaning the spoked wheels. An excellent job and I thought worth the money.

When he did my mates K1200GT he didn't even take off the fairing side panels and made a big play of giving the bike a wash with the foam wash gun. Impressive if you haven't seen a bike covered with foam was before. Waste of maney if you ask me because the hidden metal parts are what need cleaning and treating not the plastic fairing.

I bought 4 litres of ACF50 years ago and although it cost me just under £100 it was good value considering how many bikes it will treat using my own compressor and spray gun. The secret is to warm up the ACF50 in it's container and to warm up the spray gun. The bike has to be clean and dry with most of the fairing panels removed. I tend to use ACF50 on a brush on bits like the disc bolt heads and calliper bolt heads.

Must get myself a foam wash attachment for my pressure washer.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 12:36:34 pm »
Have you not got to take account of the shelf life of ACF50, 2 years I believe. So we may have to be careful buying it in bulk ? My favoured size is in 1 Litre Bottle with its smaller pump/spray applicator. The Aerosols are a poor way of applying ACF 50. The latter is the way to go and as Tom states heat it up first by sticking sprayer in a  bowl of Hot water prior to use.

JS
JS

Offline Duc750

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: R&G's all round, Laser end can, Ilmberger Hugger and a big grin
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 12:39:59 pm »
Problem is that cleaning foam they use is super agressive - what I found with my old 850 that was used through multiple winters is the foam stripped off the old coats of ACF50 that were baked into the nooks and crannies of cooling fins and the like. the problem being that they didn't reapply fully into that area when they re coated. prroving that a little and often is probably better than a once a year agressive clean and re coat

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 12:09:53 am »
Have you not got to take account of the shelf life of ACF50, 2 years I believe. So we may have to be careful buying it in bulk ? My favoured size is in 1 Litre Bottle with its smaller pump/spray applicator. The Aerosols are a poor way of applying ACF 50. The latter is the way to go and as Tom states heat it up first by sticking sprayer in a  bowl of Hot water prior to use.

JS
Shelf life?

Keep it in the garage. Shake it well. Warm it up. Shake it well. Spray it on the bike. Should last me until they stop salting the roads in winter what with global warming etc.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 01:42:57 pm »
Shelf life direct from the ACF 50 Horses Mouth today :

Aerosols have a shelf life of 3 years from date of manufacture - and for bottled product it is 2 years.

Product remains usable but the active ingredients will start to degrade after another 18 months or so.

Cheers,

JS
JS

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »

so what are you going to buy after selling your bike?

Graham

Trying to find a brand new, zero miles, fully specc'd K1300S for about £5,000  8)

Brian (who has got pretty close with the above, just not all at the same time  ::) )

Offline NIBS

• Bubble up rubber down
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R & K1300S (both 2012)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ilmberger this and AC Schnitzer that.
Re: ACF50 treatment.
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 05:00:29 pm »
   Read all the good feedback about ACF 50 treatment and decided to splash out on a can to see what it was like, £13:99 thank you very much. Got home and wrestled with the cap which refused to come off until the point where it did and in doing so broke the plastic spray nozzle clean off level with the top of the can. After several face fulls of ACF50 and looking like a greased up Turkish wrestler I gave up trying to extract what was left of the broken portion in the can.
Nuts ....
Prevoius bikes:-Ducati Scrambler 800 Urban Enduro, Aprilia Tuono Factory V41100, VFR800 Fi, K1300S, K1300R, YAMAHA MT10 sp, K1300R, K1200R, GSX1300 Hayabusa GEN1, GSXR1000k3, GSXR750Y2K, YAMAHA EXUP RU,NC30-VFR 400, GSXR600WW, XL600R, Z1B, GPZ1100B1, GPZ900R, GS550, Z1B, Z1A, GT380, GT185, FS1E.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 10:11:38 pm »
Best not to buy the spray can. ::)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 08:39:23 am »
Now you tell him  :o