Author Topic: AAADD.. Not me i hasten to add  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
AAADD.. Not me i hasten to add
« on: June 28, 2017, 07:38:03 pm »
Recently I was diagnosed with AAADD – that’s Age Activated Attention Deficiency Disorder

It manifests itself like this:

I decide to water the garden,

As I go to the garage to turn on the hose I look at my car in the driveway and realise it needs washing

So I go back into the kitchen and pick up my car keys, then I notice the post on the kitchen table that I had picked up from the hall earlier

I decide to go through the post before I wash the car

I lay my car keys on the table, sort out the bills and throw the junk mail into the bin that is sitting under the table.

I notice that the bin is full.

So I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the bin.

Then I think since I’m going to the dustbin anyway I may as well pay the bills and post them in the post-box at the bottom of the lane.

I pick up my cheque book from the table and realise there is only one cheque left and that the new cheque book is in the desk in my study.

So I go into the study to my desk where I find the can of Coke I had been drinking earlier

I’m going to look for my cheque book, but I need to move the Coke somewhere safe so I don’t knock it over

I realise the Coke is now warm so I decide to put it in the fridge to cool off

As I head back towards the kitchen with my Coke a vase of flowers catches my eye, they need watering

I put the Coke on the kitchen counter and discover my reading glasses that I had been looking for all morning,

I decide I had better put them in my desk so I will know where they are, but first the flowers still need watering

I put the glasses back on the counter and fill a container with water

I suddenly spot the TV remote which someone has left on the kitchen table

I realise that we will need the remote when we come to watch TV tonight, but that I probably won’t remember that it’s on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the lounge where it belongs

But first I must water the flowers

I pour the water into the vase, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I put the remote back on the table and get some towels to wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The garden isn't watered
The car isn’t washed
The bills aren’t paid
The bin is still full
There is a warm can of Coke on the kitchen counter
The flowers don’t have enough water,
There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book,
I can’t find the remote,
I can’t find my glasses,
I don’t remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I’m really baffled because I know I was busy all the damn day, and I’m really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem, and I’ll try to get some help for it, but first I’ll check my e-mail….

Do me a favour, forward this message to everyone you know, because I don’t remember who the hell I’ve sent it to.

Don’t laugh — if this isn’t you yet, your day is coming!!

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Re: AAADD.. Not me i hasten to add
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »
No laughing matter ::)
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:10:32 pm »
Creepy that anyone can know so much about what I did all day....

...and that they remembered long enough to write it down cos I'm damned if I can.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 10:37:58 am »
Interesting read , apart fm improving my english made me thing twice , finish before i go to the next task and try to do less.
 As for remembering want I did yesterday that's a whole diferent story.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:31:47 pm »
I am guilty of starting a task, then seeing something else and then doing that forgetting about the first task although not to the extent of the joke

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 10:53:42 pm »
What joke?
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 10:35:14 am »
 :) :) :)

Was that a reference to it not being a joke Tom, or had you forgotten about the joke already?

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 03:29:38 pm »
I thought it was true.  ;)
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 06:01:32 am »
I guess this is a joke i could have posted on Fast Ford magazine, or stick a whale tail on your Saxo monthly... On here it could be to close to home