Author Topic: Hornig bar mount question.  (Read 953 times)

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic slip on can. MRA screen. Standard BMW sport panniers, SW Motech rear rack, Krauser k5 top box, 55 profile rear tyre, Carbon Fibre rear hugger, Power commander 5
Hornig bar mount question.
« on: July 08, 2017, 05:58:50 pm »
A question for those of you who have fitted a hornig mount to your k1200s or k1300s bikes...

Did you have to loosen the bolts under your bar to allow the mount to be fitted?

Just watched the video on the hornig website and it shows the bolts being loosened.
k1200s. 08 plate. Located in Devon.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Hornig bar mount question.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 11:23:16 pm »
Dunno why!

I had the bar mounts on the inner ends of both bars on both the original K12S and now on the K13S. Granted I have HeliBars (which don't utilise an under-bar steady arm) but that makes sod all difference.

You simply remove the plug in the inner end of the bar, stick in the taper-fit mount and do it up; simples and no need to touch the steady arm or the bar clamp bolts

I had to remove the bar end weight on my K12 and rod the plug out with a long thin thing as it wouldn't budge, but the one in the K13 almost fell out all by itself. Of course, the fitment with the HeliBars is totally different and a bit of a bodge as the bars are solid billet alloy 8)